The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Job Title - Online surveys, mystery shoppers, freelance photography work, medical trials
Age -21
Hours and Days per week -Varies
Wage per week -Varies, on avg 150+ a week

Qualifications you needed for this job -None! Some photography experience and confidence required for the freelance work
Plan to be doing this for the rest of your life -Nope
Reply 2
Barman
16/2 or 3 shifts
£6.00 an hour
Common sense
Nope
lookitsdanhunt
Job Title - Online surveys, mystery shoppers, freelance photography work, medical trials
Age -21
Hours and Days per week -Varies
Wage per week -Varies, on avg 150+ a week

Qualifications you needed for this job -None! Some photography experience and confidence required for the freelance work
Plan to be doing this for the rest of your life -Nope

Would you mind at all telling where you do the online surveys? Just that i know a lot of them are bogus :frown: and I haven't been able to find any genuine ones.
No problem. I use Toluna and Valued Opinions. They both pay out in form of vouchers (Toluna: HMV and similar, Valued Opinions: Tesco, amazon)

They are boring as hell, but if you do all the ones they ask for that you are eligible for, you can earn about 3 squids an hour. Not great, but if you are doing nothing and you are bored its something to do!
lookitsdanhunt
No problem. I use Toluna and Valued Opinions. They both pay out in form of vouchers (Toluna: HMV and similar, Valued Opinions: Tesco, amazon)

They are boring as hell, but if you do all the ones they ask for that you are eligible for, you can earn about 3 squids an hour. Not great, but if you are doing nothing and you are bored its something to do!

Awesome - thanks so much!
Student adviser, 26, full-time, no specific qualifications but do need experience, that's for me to know :wink:
Reply 7
Job Title - Bicycle Mender
Age - 17
Hours and Days per week - 10
Wage per week - Varies mostly £5.30 an hour

Qualifications you needed for this job - I don't know what to say. It's easy as pie but people seem to think it needs some magical abilities; therefore common sense, initiative and self-esteem (regarding your abilities)
Reply 8
Job Title - Tax Preparer
Age - 26
Hours and Days per week - about 39 hours per week
Wage per week - £5.26/hour

Qualifications you needed for this job - knowledge of US taxes and the passing of required tests
Plan to be doing this for the rest of your life, if not what - i plan on doing this on the side if possible and i'm still trying to figure out what i'd like to do. at the moment teaching at a university
Job Title - Security Receptionist
Age -21
Hours and Days per week -50 hours Mon-Fri (8-6pm)
Wage per week - £460 (£9 odd/hr)

Qualifications you needed for this job - Fire Marshall Training/Basic Security Training (not SIA)
Plan to be doing this for the rest of your life, if not what - no as I do not find it intellectually challenging, I am applying for medical school so lets see how that goes
Job Title - Customer Advisor at M&S
Age - 18
Hours and Days per week - 20
Wage per week - £6.58 per hour

Qualifications you needed for this job - nothing
Plan to be doing this for the rest of your life, if not what - nope, hopefully a doctor!
Job Title- Sales Assistant, Dunnes Stores
Age- 21
Hours and Days per week- 5 shifts, 3 weekdays 4-7.30ish and 2 full weekends. 26 hours on average- still counts as part-time ha.
Wage per week- average is around €310 a week.
Qualifications you needed for this job- nope, nothing.
Plan to be doing this for the rest of you life, if not what- no! I'm there 2 a half years now, 2nd last year in college- want to see if i can last until I have to write my dissertation..wouldn't mind working there while looking for a propoer job after I graduate. But If I leave I'd be back to a lower wage and temp contracts only- no entitlements, no holidays. My degree is sort of an arts degree, no idea what I want to do with it yet.
Reply 12
Job Title - Counter Assistant
Age - 17
Hours and Days per week - Thursday 4pm - 10pm. Friday 5pm - 10pm. Saturday - 4pm - 10pm. Sunday - 10am - 6pm
Wage per week - £129

Qualifications you needed for this job - None
Plan to be doing this for the rest of your life, if not what - Nope, I want to go into the psychology field.
Reply 13
greengreentea
Would you mind at all telling where you do the online surveys? Just that i know a lot of them are bogus :frown: and I haven't been able to find any genuine ones.

Lightspeed, yougov and panelnet are the best ones. Dont except to make a fortune I mainly make a five a week on them. They arent regular enough to make it profitable but every little helps.
Job Title - Journalist.
Age - 19.
Hours and Days per week - 7.5 hours a day (plus an hour lunch). I can start any time between 8am and 9.30am.
Wage per week - I have a yearly wage.
Qualifications you needed for this job - I had all of my NCTJ prelims including shorthand. Also my A-levels and GCSEs helped me get it.
Plan to be doing this for the rest of your life, if not what - I want to eventually move onto a daily newspaper and then onto the nationals. But want to stay in journalism.
Reply 15
haz220807
Job Title - Journalist.
Age - 19.
Hours and Days per week - 7.5 hours a day (plus an hour lunch). I can start any time between 8am and 9.30am.
Wage per week - I have a yearly wage.
Qualifications you needed for this job - I had all of my NCTJ prelims including shorthand. Also my A-levels and GCSEs helped me get it.
Plan to be doing this for the rest of your life, if not what - I want to eventually move onto a daily newspaper and then onto the nationals. But want to stay in journalism.

I have always fancied doing a bit of journalism but wouldnt have a clue how to enter such a profession on a part time basis.
01kij114
I have always fancied doing a bit of journalism but wouldnt have a clue how to enter such a profession on a part time basis.

It's not something you can really do on a part-time basis. Freelancing is really hard to get into (I'm talking from a newspaper perspective here, I suppose other aspects of media may be different). Also you've got to really want to do it as the wages aren't brilliant!
Job Title - Journalist
Age - early 20s
Hours and Days per week - usually 10-ish hours per day :rolleyes:
Wage per week - none of your beeswax.

Qualifications you needed for this job - Don't necessarily 'need' any, but I have GCSEs, A Levels, Undergrad degree, Postgrad degree. More important was my student and work experience.
Plan to be doing this for the rest of your life, if not what - Yes.
Reply 18
Job Title - Sainsburys Online picker
Age - 21
Hours and Days per week - 18 contracted, but lots of OT.
Wage per week - £6.03 per hour

Qualifications you needed for this job - Early starts :frown: normally 6am, sometimes 4am.
Plan to be doing this for the rest of your life, if not what - Hell no!, finish uni(and not drop out again), working in a major city, and go travelling.
Job Title - Support Worker
Age - 20
Hours/Days per week - Flexible
Wage per week - £9.40/hr

Latest

Trending

Trending