Turn on thread page Beta

Which bands do you want to see this year? watch

ReputationRep:
    I'm hoping to finally see The Shins this year. At the moment, I'll be interested in going to see The National, Animal Collective or The Gaslight Anthem if they come back to Glasgow as well. I'd love to see Springsteen again but two European tours including Glasgow in as many years is a bit ambitious. I think this thread is a bit different from the usual "which band can't you see that you'd like to" type.

ReputationRep:
    I'd love to see The Smiths...

On a more possible note, Bruce Springsteen, but as you've pointed out, he's already been to Europe twice in such a short space of time and I highly doubt he'll be back for a while.

Apart from that no one really springs to mind, the vast majority of bands out right now are ****, and are even worse live. Perhaps The Pogues if they decide to tour or even The Rolling Stones, I've heard rumours that they may be touring, so who knows...

Maybe Airbourne if they tour this year.

ReputationRep:
    Los Campesinos! Broken Social Scene, Arcade Fire (if they tour), Between the Buried and Me, Protest the Hero, MF Doom, The Boy Will Drown, lots more.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gardocki)
    I'm hoping to finally see The Shins this year. At the moment, I'll be interested in going to see The National, Animal Collective or The Gaslight Anthem if they come back to Glasgow as well. I'd love to see Springsteen again but two European tours including Glasgow in as many years is a bit ambitious. I think this thread is a bit different from the usual "which band can't you see that you'd like to" type.
    The National will blow your mind live, saw them in Birmingham a couple of years ago...absolutely fantastic.

I'm looking forward to seeing The Strokes hopefully, Turin Brakes (finally), I'd love to get the chance to see Yeah Yeah Yeah's and many other bands of a similar ilk.

But yeah, look forward to The National, when they play Fake Empire it really is a hairs standing on the back of your neck, kind of moment.

ReputationRep:
    GASLIGHT! gaslight gaslight gaslight i saw them at oxegen but dyingggg to see a full set.
    they're about to go into the studio i think at the minute which means hopefully record out later this year and us/europe tour soon after! hell YES.
    & of course it'd be awesome to see the Boss

ReputationRep:
    OMG OMG LADY GAGAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Not!!

ReputationRep:
    I forgot about Arcade Fire. I'd like to see The Strokes but I'm not that fussed about them.

ReputationRep:
    The Fray.......

again

ReputationRep:
    the libs

ReputationRep:
    Blink 182

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Choobalafunga)
    Blink 182
    Beat me to it. Never got a chance to see them before the split, definitley not going to miss them now.

Animal Collective
    The Dodos
    Foals (looking forward to the new album)
    Fionn Regan
    The Strokes
    :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stalin)
    On a more possible note, Bruce Springsteen, but as you've pointed out, he's already been to Europe twice in such a short space of time and I highly doubt he'll be back for a while.
    I have wanted to see Bruce Springsteen for ages! I imagine the energy put in to one of his concerts would be amazing! :p:

Other than that i'm not sure really.. I'd love to go and see Regina Spektor, and am hopefully going to see Jamie T in Amsterdam soon (more for my boyfriend than me, i'm not a massive fan)

ReputationRep:
    Editors.
    Arcade Fire.
    The XX.
    Radiohead (I can dream :P)

I'm going to see Los Campesinos! in a couple of weeks.

ReputationRep:
    Good ones.

All the good ones.

ReputationRep:
    The Gaslight Anthem are playing in Glasgow on the 23rd of June for anyone who doesn't know.

ReputationRep:
    i want to see metallica, sepultura, iran maiden, skidrow
    gosh i miss that band

ReputationRep:
    gaslight, new record, uk tour, june this year. heellll yes

ReputationRep:
    Powderfinger :love:

ReputationRep:
    Will definately go and see Exit Calm a good few times this year, even if it means going down to england since they are the best band in the world.

Would like to go and see Jesus Deluxe too.

Definately heading to Glasgow for Gaslight Anthem aswell - fantastic band and fast becoming one of the best around just now IMO.

Ian Browna swell at Rockness, couldn't make his last date in Glasgow in the end unfortunately. One of my favourite artists. Looking forward to The Strokes aswell at the same festival which could lead onto their dates in the winter if I like 'em.

ReputationRep:
    Billy Talent ;D, Foo Fighters, Lamb of God, Killswitch, Simple Plan and Good Charlotte.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 18, 2010
Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.