Turn on thread page Beta

Life after death watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    there have been numerous threads about this. But has anyone read about that Dr who has spoken to patients who have experienced walking into a white light and then been drawn away, when being clinically dead. He is doing an experiment and hiding clues around a room with patients with some thing wrong(cant remember)so when they die, if they experience floating which many people have said they do. they will see the symbols and then be able to show that the mind does go on after the brain has stopped functioning!The symbols are only viewable from high above the room where patients ahve said to be when they have near death experiences. What does everyone think about this?Sorry if its confusing i was trying to type it quickly!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CrzySxyCool)
    there have been numerous threads about this. But has anyone read about that Dr who has spoken to patients who have experienced walking into a white light and then been drawn away, when being clinically dead. He is doing an experiment and hiding clues around a room with patients with some thing wrong(cant remember)so when they die, if they experience floating which many people have said they do. they will see the symbols and then be able to show that the mind does go on after the brain has stopped functioning!The symbols are only viewable from high above the room where patients ahve said to be when they have near death experiences. What does everyone think about this?Sorry if its confusing i was trying to type it quickly!
    How can they remember all this if their brain has stopped working? I'd like to believe it all, but I'm not sure if it is true. But I do believe in life after death.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by happysunshine)
    How can they remember all this if their brain has stopped working? I'd like to believe it all, but I'm not sure if it is true. But I do believe in life after death.
    No when people experience dying but come back and they recall there experiences, this Dr is trying to find out if there is. The people who have experienced things after been diagnosed "clinically dead" have said that they felt peace and were floating above there beds, well this Dr will interview patients and put symbols around the place so if they do "die" then he can see whether there id life after death and its not just infact the last bits of air passing through the brain causing them to hallucinate!

ReputationRep:
    basically hes trying to see whether the mind dies when the brain dies or that the mind carries on living after a person is dead!

ReputationRep:
    Life after death=unproved. After all no one has "truely" died and then "came" back to life. Apart form Jesus and he didnt ecxactly say anything.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2776)
    Life after death=unproved. After all no one has "truely" died and then "came" back to life. Apart form Jesus and he didnt ecxactly say anything.
    yes they have "died"

ReputationRep:
    ive heard of that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2776)
    if your heart stops your dead

ReputationRep:
    I think I believe life after death

But to be really convinced I need to die

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Prongs_TheGreat)
    I think I believe life after death

But to be really convinced I need to die
    i'll get my gun

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eric bischoff)
    NO. Its your brain. If there is no electrical impulses detected then you are brain dead. Clinically dead is when your body starts the first stage of decomposition. i.e. all organs non functioning.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2776)
    NO. Its your brain. If there is no electrical impulses detected then you are brain dead. Clinically dead is when your body starts the first stage of decomposition. i.e. all organs non functioning.
    oh i thought clinically dead was when you hearts beating but your brain is no more!

ReputationRep:
    oh i thought clinically dead was when you hearts beating but your brain is no more!
    No. Thats brain dead.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2776)
    No. Thats brain dead.
    are you trying to call me disabled. j/k

ReputationRep:
    i sound stupid now dont i!but what i meant was when my mum died her heart was still beating but she had "gone" and they said that she was clinically dead

ReputationRep:
    are you trying to call me disabled. j/k
    If you were brain dead then you would be no longer able to type words. Or to reason.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2776)
    If you were brain dead then you would be no longer able to type words. Or to reason.
    who says im typing them

ReputationRep:
    i sound stupid now dont i!but what i meant was when my mum died her heart was still beating but she had "gone" and they said that she was clinically dead
    your mum died?
    how?

ReputationRep:
    your mum died?
    how?
    last year she was really depressed(her own mother died)and got together with this really awful horrible man who was always drunk, she only did it because she was lonley i think(she was really beautiful and her last b/f was really nice!)well they had been going out about 6 months and he hit her, she was really petite and small and it killed her.He got away with it blatently lying in court,the jury were all idiots, the judge obviouely pointed out things which most peole would have thought "ahh right he's guilty" but he got away with it!he should of got about 15 years though!

ReputationRep:
    Note: You are only pronouced "Clinically Dead" if your brain's dead. At this point, you are truly dead. There has been no reported case of which a brain dead person experieced any near death experience. Basically because they never had the chance to report it.

Going back to the original post. If your brain's dead, you are dead. After that point, you will never wake up again. However, since all the patients this doctor interviewed, or supposedly interviewed, did not not wake up after the event, this must that these patients have never been dead. Therefore this is not a valid proof of life after death.

Poll
Cats or dogs?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.