Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tek)
    caz - why should I take what you say as fact when you have no proof for it whatsoever?
    i didnt say u should take anything i say as fact, but if u dont believe me, u can look it up and see just whether or not your doubts are legitimate. it's not that hard, please stop harrassing me now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by caz)
    i didnt say u should take anything i say as fact, but if u dont believe me, u can look it up and see just whether or not your doubts are legitimate. it's not that hard, please stop harrassing me now
    No! Why should you waltz in here and tell me what is fact and what is fiction without any proof whatsoever?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by caz)
    i would also be better off rich. this does not mean it will happen i do have many beliefs, and i always will. but for the most part, if nobody had beliefs, we would all be better off...at least this is my belief! lol
    its kinda sad that only one view can be right

ReputationRep:
    I dont believe in life after death. We are just animals, so why should we be any different?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tek)
    No! Why should you waltz in here and tell me what is fact and what is fiction without any proof whatsoever?!
    calm down
    it doesnt matter

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tek)
    maybe because she thinks you can distinguish between the two?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Speciez99)
    he was presenting it as fact tho which is lying
    how was it lying? it's also true that the world is round, there is much evidence to suggest this. if we had no proof, we'd probably still think the world is flat

likewise, we have lots of reports, research, and events that suggest there is pre-life, and consequently afterlife, although you could always say, "Just because they found children who could recollect their previous lives, including foreign languages and speak them fluently without ever hearing a word of them, doesn't mean they've lived before! And if they did live before, that doesn't mean they'll live after this lifetime!!!!!"

See, you can be ignorant all you want...but old-fashioned and traditional views say there is no afterlife because you cannot prove it, while in this modern, changing world, some of us don't pay attention to old ideas and do pay attention to modern ones, including these cases, which provide proof of afterlife. Sure, you can always say, "Well nobody knows for sure!!!" But then again, I could always say to you, "Well, I've never seen you in person. How do I know you exist? You could just a little pissed-off computer taking advantage of the fact that because so many people are ignorant to such events, you can keep telling us they aren't real, or don't prove anything."

I could also say, "I've never seen you as a child, how do I know you were ever a child? You cannot prove it! These pictures could be fake!!!!!"

Give me a break. How can I prove you exist? How can I prove I exist? How can I prove my perception of the color blue matches your perception? You cannot prove anything, really. Let's not remove all of our rational thinking processes. All we have to go by is studies, if you want to be this practical, and these studies do exist. But, then again you probably don't believe in hypnosis either because you can't prove it's real because you've never been through it. So, oh well

ReputationRep:
    its kinda sad that only one view can be right
    ??

ReputationRep:
    calm down
    it doesnt matter
    for others it does

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Julia O.)
    maybe because she thinks you can distinguish between the two?
    he, actually, and I'd think someone who assumes they're intelligent because they can hold doubt would also realize you're ignorant if you're unwilling to seek out the answers for yourself, or at least let it go if you're going to be so ignorant that you're going to harrass the things i have to say because you can't go to a simple search engine and find out

if you're going to keep *****ing about there being no proof, at least have the decency to look it up. we live in a world with the internet, which she (tek) is currently using, i can't believe she's so ignorant that she can't do a simple search, but continue to throw a fit

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eric bischoff)
    for others it does
    true. some of us are here for discussion, and with the matter of life and death, some people take it seriously. but i do find it annoying that Tek is unwilling to look things up, but demand proof

like, if u need proof that bad, go find it yourself

ReputationRep:
    I think the human "soul", for want of a better word, is far too amazing and unique a thing to simply vanish when the body dies. The very fact that human conciousness exists defies most of the basic laws of science we hold dear. By that same token, it seems silly to assume that it has to abide by the very laws it breaks come the time of death. That's not to say I don't think the human spirit can't be explained. But it can't be explained by our current knowledge of reality. I strongly believe there is a whole lot more to reality than we know, and it's far more beautiful and strange than current scientific knowledge can define.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2776)
    I dont believe in life after death. We are just animals, so why should we be any different?
    i dont believe the physical world has any relevance to our being. i think our being just lives and experiences life in many, many different forms and realms, and creates its own reality/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by caz)
    he, actually, and I'd think someone who assumes they're intelligent because they can hold doubt would also realize you're ignorant if you're unwilling to seek out the answers for yourself, or at least let it go if you're going to be so ignorant that you're going to harrass the things i have to say because you can't go to a simple search engine and find out

if you're going to keep *****ing about there being no proof, at least have the decency to look it up. we live in a world with the internet, which she (tek) is currently using, i can't believe she's so ignorant that she can't do a simple search, but continue to throw a fit
    sorry about the "she," buddy; and i hope you weren't talking about me when you said *****ing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CrzySxyCool)
    there have been numerous threads about this. But has anyone read about that Dr who has spoken to patients who have experienced walking into a white light and then been drawn away, when being clinically dead. He is doing an experiment and hiding clues around a room with patients with some thing wrong(cant remember)so when they die, if they experience floating which many people have said they do. they will see the symbols and then be able to show that the mind does go on after the brain has stopped functioning!The symbols are only viewable from high above the room where patients ahve said to be when they have near death experiences. What does everyone think about this?Sorry if its confusing i was trying to type it quickly!
    What a load of *******s.

You know in most universities their are a lot of crappy doctors who hypothesize all kinds of rubbish which doesn't make it to become a theory because its wrong. I suspect this will be going on the list

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2776)
    i dont believe the physical world has any relevance to our being. i think our being just lives and experiences life in many, many different forms and realms, and creates its own reality...such as when we sleep, the physical reality is expressed

animals have consciousness, just because they're very different from us doesnt mean they arent a being. it's hard to say, though, because many people believe in "life after death" as being the continuing of their personality...while me, on the other hand, and lots of other people recognize the personality is just an illusion. a needy character we created

take, for instance, somebody who gets angry every time somebody calls them an "*******" -- wouldn't it seem strange if they did this so much, it being a part of their personality, that one day they just said, "Hey I don't care anymore." and simply didn't get angry anymore? Why did they get angry to begin with? Who cares if you get called an *******. Somewhere in their life, possibly more than just once, they decided they need to get angry whenever someone "disrespects" them. See, what if you no longer reacted with emotions? this character, this personality, this image which you put up, would no longer hold onto you. you would no longer be affected by stupid **** anymore, and if you could remove all emotion, including anxiety, fear, etc. you would no longer think anymore. you would recognize thoughts just distract the clarity

we do not make sense of reality by thinking, reality exists without thinking. i believe, then, i cannot explain anything. all i can know is i exist, and then i choose beliefs that make sense to me, and have things to back them up

ReputationRep:
    Michael - Perhaps. But at least someone's trying to answer the big questions in life as opposed to merely resigning to the fact that "hey, we're all worm food eventually"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Julia O.)
    sorry about the "she," buddy; and i hope you weren't talking about me when you said *****ing
    no i believe i even put (Tek) in quotations i was talking about tek that whole post

ReputationRep:
    im just thinking everything in the universe is recycled right. im sure uve all heard of that somewhere. so i suppose organisms are recycled as well therefore living after death. however i dont believe in stuff like this coz it just doesnt seem realistic enough but then again neither did a lot of things in the olden days that are true today. eg electricity.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chimp_spanner)
    Michael - Perhaps. But at least someone's trying to answer the big questions in life as opposed to merely resigning to the fact that "hey, we're all worm food eventually"

if you believe there is no such thing as time, realizing that the past doesnt exist anymore, nor does the future, only the present in its recycling state as things change, then you realize that your being is timeless, and the death of your body does not mean the death of you, although it may mean the death of your personality if that's what you're wondering

Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.