Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emmz)
    im just thinking everything in the universe is recycled right. im sure uve all heard of that somewhere. so i suppose organisms are recycled as well therefore living after death. however i dont believe in stuff like this coz it just doesnt seem realistic enough but then again neither did a lot of things in the olden days that are true today. eg electricity.
    ya everything is recycled

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by caz)
    if you believe there is no such thing as time, realizing that the past doesnt exist anymore, nor does the future, only the present in its recycling state as things change, then you realize that your being is timeless, and the death of your body does not mean the death of you, although it may mean the death of your personality if that's what you're wondering

I'm not going to argue anymore. I respect your views and they sound very interesting but surely you realise they are most unorthodox.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ralfskini)
    I'm not going to argue anymore. I respect your views and they sound very interesting but surely you realise they are most unorthodox.
    certainly, but being orthodox does not control me, nor anyone. i will be free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by caz)
    certainly, but being orthodox does not control me, nor anyone. i will be free

That's the best way to be. I accept that the past doesnt exist, but it has existed and the future will exist. Therefore, time must exist to account for the transition between these phases.

ReputationRep:
    That's the best way to be. I accept that the past doesnt exist, but it has existed and the future will exist. Therefore, time must exist to account for the transition between these phases.
    well it's just our imagination. all we can assure about the future is it will be different, not that it exists. it is just our imagining of what is, or what things may be

though the "being" itself is always in one current state. everything that keeps us "aware" is our memory. the more you hold onto, the more "aware" you'll be. the less, the realer you will be. your memory does not exist to be recalled, it exists as truth

ReputationRep:
    Not only that but the past has to of existed in order to shape events of the present, and probable events of the future. Were the existence of the Universe to consist only of the present, there would be no laws to govern cause and effect, as there would only be effect. Past is to present as cause is to effect. Without past/cause, there is no present/effect. Reality would simply...stop.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chimp_spanner)
    Not only that but the past has to of existed in order to shape events of the present, and probable events of the future. Were the existence of the Universe to consist only of the present, there would be no laws to govern cause and effect, as there would only be effect. Past is to present as cause is to effect. Without past/cause, there is no present/effect. Reality would simply...stop.
    +

Very good point.

ReputationRep:
    Why do conversations end as soon as I wade in? lol it's just like the Christmas work party all over again *sniff*

ReputationRep:
    I dreamt one night that I was floating around my house from room to room. Everything seemed hazy (but very real) and it was the most peaceful feeling you could imagine. In the dream, I realised that was happening wasn't right and I began to panic. I floated to the floor and looked down, hoping to wake up and suddenly I did. I jolted awake (in bed) shocked and confused. I remember feeling my arms and making sure that I could move them.

I don't know if it was a dream or not but I wouldn't want to go through it again.

ReputationRep:
    i think its all aload of crap anyone can make up some rubbish about being dead and them comeing back to life and seeing a light and all that have u noticed no 1 oever see's red flames of hell they always see a bright light.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a_musical_guy)
    I dreamt one night that I was floating around my house from room to room. Everything seemed hazy (but very real) and it was the most peaceful feeling you could imagine. In the dream, I realised that was happening wasn't right and I began to panic. I floated to the floor and looked down, hoping to wake up and suddenly I did. I jolted awake (in bed) shocked and confused. I remember feeling my arms and making sure that I could move them.

I don't know if it was a dream or not but I wouldn't want to go through it again.
    out of body experience perhaps. not uncommon, nor does it mean you were dead. your spirit just left your body, left all the crap behind it and when exploring, as we did when we were kids, but probably even more peaceful as even as kids we began taking in all the crap from life

ReputationRep:
    the past is not an existence, it is a condition

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by caz)
    the past is not an existence, it is a condition
    Condition? Condition of what? *is confused* The past, at some point, was the present. Therefore, no it's not an existence, but it was an existence, as the present NOW will be when it is no longer the present, but the past! So yeah technically you can say that anything other than right now doesn't exist, but even as you read this, the present is slipping into non existence by the second. That doesn't mean it doesn't/didn't exist. It must of done, to influence the present you're currently experiencing....right?

ReputationRep:
    Oh and by the by, not to detract from the "afterlife" theme of the thread, but your notion of the past not existing also assumes that time is linear and only foward flowing......

.....what if it isn't?

Just food for thought.......

ReputationRep:
    Oh and by the by, not to detract from the "afterlife" theme of the thread, but your notion of the past not existing also assumes that time is linear and only foward flowing......

.....what if it isn't?

Just food for thought.......

oh well, we all know it doesnt exist. at some level we all know if nobody remembered the past it wouldnt hold any relevance. we only use the past a means to understanding the effects, or the current condition, which is basically the evolved past

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by caz)
    oh well, we all know it doesnt exist. at some level we all know if nobody remembered the past it wouldnt hold any relevance. we only use the past a means to understanding the effects, or the current condition, which is basically the evolved past
    Thats pretty deep...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by caz)
    if you believe there is no such thing as time, realizing that the past doesnt exist anymore, nor does the future, only the present in its recycling state as things change, then you realize that your being is timeless, and the death of your body does not mean the death of you, although it may mean the death of your personality if that's what you're wondering
    I admire your wisdom. Not many people think about existence universe as much as you do... I thought I was quite philosophical but damn..your thoughts are like.. very deep and interesting. Sorta extends where my thinking left off. I agree with many of your opinions though..unlike many who have posted.

Have you written your thoughts down..you should..

Do you study philosophy?

Thought of writing a book?

Good luck

Peace

John

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jndikum)
    I admire your wisdom. Not many people think about existence universe as much as you do... I thought I was quite philosophical but damn..your thoughts are like.. very deep and interesting. Sorta extends where my thinking left off. I agree with many of your opinions though..unlike many who have posted.

Have you written your thoughts down..you should..

Do you study philosophy?

Thought of writing a book?

Good luck

Peace

John
    http://www.near-death.com
    may help to get you started in reforming your beliefs. i'd suggest edgar cayce--he really knows what he's talking about

ReputationRep:
    Caz - why should the onus be on me to prove / disprove what you've said? As far as I am concerned you are writing irrelevent nonsence and until I see something contrary to that I will continue to believe it

ReputationRep:
    This guy seems to know exactly what its like!!! Spooky but good. Hope this helps. Its fairly new - Feb 2004

Birmingham dead man claims to be a spirit

------------------------------------------------------

This a strange one. A guy called Michael Pennington claims to be a spirit and having died in 1971 he is now involved in a global quest to unite all those in the spirit world. If that wasnt bad enought he involves alien spirits and all sorts of plots. This person touches on religion quite a lot and claims many Christians are narrow minded by accepting God but then blanking out all possibility of spirits and aliens. He points to actual things in the Bible that back up some of what he says.

Its actually well written and believable and it has quite a following. Page after page of writings and messages the longest forum thread I have ever seen for certain. This mans writings delve into every aspect of the supernatural, paranormal and religion and its happening live too.

Its at

http://www.birminghamuk.com/forum

Id love to know what other peoples thoughts are on ghosts and alien collaboration and other dimensions of spiritualism.

Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.