Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Well i went to get my eyebrows done today (I am not in UK) and the lady was kind enough to shade in my brows as they are a little sparse and I looked good. Sadly my brows are very sparse but she said my shape was spot on, which is good. How can I achieve the same look at home? I liked the look of the brows but I felt they were a bit to dark - after all they are not natural brows so will always look false. I have bought an eyeshadow bending brush but what shadow do I buy???
    Any other ideas????

ReputationRep:
    What colour is your hair? I've been told to use a powder that is 2 shades darker if you're fair, 2 shades lighter if you're dark - but it's up to you really.

Powder gives a softer, more natural finish than pencil. You can get powder from the body shop, benefit, elf cosmetics (online store), and also a setting gel to hold it in place or something.

ReputationRep:
    I use benefit Browzings (one of their better products), its a wax and powder combo and it works a treat

ReputationRep:
    Excellent. How do you do it Wren?

ReputationRep:
    why would you buy an eyeshadow blending brush for your eyebrows????

i also swear by benefit browzings, i normally just use the powder bit though as the wax is too dark and fake looking on me. they give you 2 brushes with it so you don't have to buy any which is a bonus. When i first started out doing my brows i would just draw them on roughly and then get some facial wipes to shape them (wipe off any that aren't part of your eyebrow shape)

ReputationRep:
    use eyshadow for your shader, i do and it works very well. Get a brown, the shade will depend on the colour or your hair. The darker your hair, the darker your shader will be.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rebeccaa)
    Excellent. How do you do it Wren?
    Well in the little box provided, there is a wax bit and a powder bit, an angled brush, a straight powder brush and a small pair of tweezers (which are surprisingly good considering they're an added extra).

There's also a little instruction manual with pictures You brush on the wax with the angled brush to tidy them up and for the powder to stick to, then use the powder over the top with the other brush to set and shade. You really don't need a lot of either so it has a long shelf life :yep:

They'll advise you as to which shade you'll need

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rebeccaa)
    Well i went to get my eyebrows done today (I am not in UK) and the lady was kind enough to shade in my brows as they are a little sparse and I looked good. Sadly my brows are very sparse but she said my shape was spot on, which is good. How can I achieve the same look at home? I liked the look of the brows but I felt they were a bit to dark - after all they are not natural brows so will always look false. I have bought an eyeshadow bending brush but what shadow do I buy???
    Any other ideas????
    Ive had bad times trying to sort my brows out (lol) my beautician removed wayyy too much, meaning I had to pencil in, but the colour came out too dark. I know have solved the problem and I really recommend Macs brow pencils, which ever one is appropriate for your colouring. Using soft gentle strokes to fill in the areas which are sparse.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.