Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Keep waking up with an awwwwful sore throat, when I swallow it's so bad and i can hardly speak

And then it wears off after about an hour or two (hurts like hell right now atm though)... this has happened every day this week!

Also I'm majorly hot/cold and keep feeling a bit ill and was sneezing so much last week that I actually got a nose bleed

Any suggestions appreciated :/

updated: Now have a mega ear ache and most of the pain is on right hand side of face

ReputationRep:
    I have this too do you have a blocked nose/ears and headache too?

Head down to a pharmacy, it might be flu.

ReputationRep:
    hot water, lemon and honey for the sore throat. nothing better than staying in bed for the other stuff.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kat2pult)
    I have this too do you have a blocked nose/ears and headache too?

Head down to a pharmacy, it might be flu.
    very blocked nose, every five minutes i'm sniffling or sneezing manically

and urrggghhh i might go home at lunch if i'm continuing to feel like this

ReputationRep:
    i had tonsillitis a few weeks ago so i feel your pain
    the orange strepsils are really good, they've got vitimin C in as well which helps
    salt gargle, rest and lemsip are also lifesavers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SiaSiaSia)
    very blocked nose, every five minutes i'm sniffling or sneezing manically

and urrggghhh i might go home at lunch if i'm continuing to feel like this
    Get some soluble aspirin and gargle with it. Tastes horrible but might bhelp.

Most other things will help to lubricate your throat and won't do any harm, but the aspirin should reduce the inflammation.

Get well soon

Obviously if you can't take aspirin for whatever reason this advice is rubbish!

ReputationRep:
    Keep waking up with an awwwwful sore throat, when I swallow it's so bad and i can hardly speak

And then it wears off after about an hour or two (hurts like hell right now atm though)... this has happened every day this week!

Also I'm majorly hot/cold and keep feeling a bit ill and was sneezing so much last week that I actually got a nose bleed

I had this a few weeks ago, but it turned out that i had a really bad ear infection, better tonsillitis i suppose.

Can you feel an itchy sensation about an inch inside your ears (sounds like an odd question, i know)?

Everything you just said, is everything I'm going through including the nose bleed. :sad:

ReputationRep:
    have come home
    been drinking some hot drinks which have made it a bit better
    my glands are mega swollen :sad:

ReputationRep:
    Take Merocaine every 2 hours. They are the best sore throat lozenges....

ReputationRep:
    sounds like sia flu

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sarky)

Most other things will help to lubricate your throat and won't do any harm

:teehee:

lol sia, go hommeeee you're not well! Go home, take some pain relief and have a duvet day!

ReputationRep:

whenever I get these... whrere my muscles are all achy as well I just take like 2 cold and flu tablets (whatevers most expensive- i know stupid) and bang loads of vix/olbas oil on and sweat most of it out whilst sleeping or generally just sweat most of it out...dont worry its probably just the cold... althought the nose bleed thing is kind of concerning you may need to go to pharmacy/doctor.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Subcutaneous)
    :teehee:

lol sia, go hommeeee you're not well! Go home, take some pain relief and have a duvet day!
    Yup double meanings are great.

ReputationRep:
    updated

I'd see your doctor/pharmacist about the pain. For the throat honey and hot water should help sooth it, it worked for me the other week but I didn't bother adding lemon like is usually suggested since I didn't see citric acid helping my throat (and I didn't have any in), I added whisky instead since that is also good for a sore throat (it certainly takes your mind off the pain :p: ) and it turned it a lovely shade of black.

ReputationRep:
    The doctor said i had a bad throat infection!
    I have to take 8 penicillin a day

apparently my ears hurt because my glands had swelled to a massive amount up to my ears
    and the sniffling and the nose bleed were normal

ReputationRep:
    sorry :sad:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 28, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.