Is it too late, to move ? Watch

Nasher and Basher
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
So I have been in uni halls from September, I like my room and I barely see the people, as they never leave their rooms.

The main problem is the kitchen, I and the other 2 flatmates are unable to cook in the kitchen, due to the dirt and mess made by one other flatmate. I know its jut a kitchen and I feel stupid complaining, but the girl leave raw fish and chicken out for hours, comes in the morning and then cooks it. Theres always a smell, that has not been removed by leaving the windows open, air freshner and plug in air things.

I have spoken to her, all the flatmates have and she takes it on board and then she continues to do the same things. Shes uses every surface of the kitchen to cook, and it is so annoying that I actually take pots and pans to another flat and cook there.

But thats the problem, my friends are ok with me cooking in their kitchen, but its transferring pots, plates and food back and forth all the time, and then having to knock on their door and wait around 15 mins to be late in. I have kept with this problem from September, but it really annoys me and I really hate the fact that I literally having to do the whole cook in another flat thing.

That they take the piss about how dirty my kitchen is, I only have 12 weeks to go before uni finishes, but I just want to be able to cook etc, without having to go elsewhere and be able to use the living room as both areas are combined.

So do you think its too late to move ?
xoxAngel_Kxox
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
It's not too late to move if they have an empty room somewhere else. Go and talk to the people who sort out who lives where and ask them.
We were all going to move the other week because our oven broke and they couldn't be bothered to replace it, but then we kicked up a fuss saying no that's not fair, fix it now.
xaheartdx
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
My friend has a similar problem, but with a couple of flatmates leaving the kitchen in a mess. They have made a rota, so one person buys the kitchen roll one week, one person cleans the worktops, etc. Maybe you could do the same? As you only have 12 weeks left, it seems a bit pointless to me for you to move. But if it's really that unbearable, then ask the person who sorts out the accomodation.
Nasher and Basher
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
(Original post by xaheartdx)
My friend has a similar problem, but with a couple of flatmates leaving the kitchen in a mess. They have made a rota, so one person buys the kitchen roll one week, one person cleans the worktops, etc. Maybe you could do the same? As you only have 12 weeks left, it seems a bit pointless to me for you to move. But if it's really that unbearable, then ask the person who sorts out the accomodation.
There is a rota, the girl that makes the mess asked for one, but seeing as no one else uses the kitchen its not fair on them.

I suppose I will just bear it, only 12 weeks left.
xaheartdx
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Nasher and Basher)
There is a rota, the girl that makes the mess asked for one, but seeing as no one else uses the kitchen its not fair on them.

I suppose I will just bear it, only 12 weeks left.

Ahh right, fair enough about the rota. It just seems too much hard work to mme about moving, as you will be packing your bags again in 12 weeks. Are you living in next year? Or finding a house? It may be an idea to share with your friends from the other flat, instead of the girl who messes up the kitchen.

Oh, just thought, could you leave all your pots/pans/food/etc in your mates kitchen? Save you carrying them across all the time. Or buy a mini fridge for your room, and eat a sandwich or something like that for luch, so you are only going across at tea time? Or just use their pans, etc and carry your food for that meal across?
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Who is most responsible for your success at university

Mostly me (429)
91.47%
Mostly my university including my lecturers/tutors (40)
8.53%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise