Turn on thread page Beta

He moved on after 24 hours.. watch

Literally.
    We've been together for almost a year. I was always feeling kind of unsure, because of his ex..but he kept making me feel really cared for- he was sweet, loving and all that crap. We just broke up, because I thought it would be a smart thing to do- help me focus in my studies not having it as a distraction and stuff.. My feelings were true, and it was quite difficult for me, I didn't know if that's what I really wanted, but now I know it was a damn good decision.
    He wanted to be friends. I was fine with that. The next day he calls me at night, we talk and then he mentions that since I'm his friend he's gonna tell me something he's yet not sure of. And then he goes on and on about how he spent the night of our break up talking to his ex, and all the memories brought them back together.
    I remembered how many times he told me what kind of terrible person she used to be.
    And he was stupid enough to tell me that he thought I'd be happy for him. Yeah I'm f*****g delirious.
    There has never been a person that made me feel so humiliated and wrong about myself as that guy. I was shocked. I felt bad about leaving him, because I thought it'd be hard for him to cope, but just look at that... thinking he was the last person on earth I would expect to betray me this way. I really sacrificed an awful lot for him. Gave up on many things.
    I feel angry and used.
    And right now he keeps calling 'to check up on me'.
    We have same friends. I'm scared to talk to anyone, because they've probably already heard his part of the story and would just think I'm being histerical. So I'm just keeping it for myself.
    I don't know what to do now.

ReputationRep:
    *hug* Ouch, that's very harsh.

I can sort of imagine how you feel, I also had(/have) difficulty feeling secure about my boyfriend's ex, and I know how difficult that is to get over. But only to have it proven correct merely 24 hours after you broke up?! God... what a ****head. You are justified to be angry, betrayed, hurt... but also remember to be glad that you dumped that douche before you got in even more deep.

I've already told my boyfriend, if we were to break up and he gets back together with his ex (I can't see it happening tbh), I will not stay friends with him - no matter how much I want to. To me, just as to you, it's a complete betrayal, and he'll be knowingly hurting me in the worst way possible.

I'd scream at him, tell him to shove it, and tell him exactly how I feel (anger and all). Then I'd cut contact. I know you have the same group of friends, and try not to make things difficult for them. But don't see/talk to him any more than you have to. What an idiot... how could he expect you to be happy for him?!

ReputationRep:
    to be honest if you dumped after a whole year for no reason apart from you need to study then hes done well in turning it around so your the one who feels rejected. good man.

something pretty much identical happened to me just over a year ago...

we're still "friends" as he thinks of it. except his ex is married and so they didnt get back together yet he still throws in the odd "but i love her a lot more than i love you" when me, him and a few mutual friends are talking. i think he's just still bitter that i dumped him (for pretty much the same reasons as you), but it still hurts. even though i know he won't ever get her, it's painful to think he'd rather just 'miss' her and 'love' her, than even think about me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ryan03201)
    to be honest if you dumped after a whole year for no reason apart from you need to study then hes done well in turning it around so your the one who feels rejected. good man.
    This, really.

Unlucky, sweetheart.

ReputationRep:
    Just tell him the truth. If you really value him as a friend, then tell him you think he's a jerk. If he doesn't like it, best not to talk to him as he's a douche.

ReputationRep:
    hahahaa... ooh
    I mean, my bf ended it with me because it 'wasnt a good time' and I was and sort of still am heart broken
    But I love him and understand where he's coming from, we were two very complicated people
    It is unfortunate but, the liklihood is hes rebounding and she is the nearest person who knows him already!
    I also managed to go straight to an ex to divulge my drunken suffering lol
    It doesnt necessarily mean he was an idiot the whole time and would have rathered her, its just circumstances changed and he wanted someone
    and calling you was a way of making him feel ok again and slightly showing he wasnt breaking down, a defense mechanism

Theres nothing you can do, its over remember!!!

ReputationRep:
    Sorry, as much as it hurts you have no right. No right whatsoever. You dumped him. Live with it.

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to agree with this.

If you had a brilliant relationship like you say, why on earth would you break up with someone just to study? It's completely pointless. If you want to study, then you do it.

Sounds like you were both fighting below the belt, with you making the first strike.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FiveFiveSix)
    This, really.

Unlucky, sweetheart.
    100%

ReputationRep:
    To quote Ross from Friends, You were on a break!

ReputationRep:
    On the one hand: ouch, sucks. I feel for you.
    On the other hand: Good for him for not being a pussy and just getting on with his life. I got dumped by my girlfriend when I thought she loved me and I'm still harping on about it two and a half months later; still saying I love her, and knowing there's no way to get her back.

So - while it may suck to be you, and I can no doubt imagine 75% of the pain you think you're feeling...he's got chutzpah to move on in 24 hours and be happy. Day-um.

ReputationRep:
    As everyonee else is saying, you finished it so he can do what he likes.

ReputationRep:
    Hey honey I feel for you. One of my exes broke up with his girlfriend to be with me, so we'd been together for quite a long time when I broke it up because he was acting weird( AND I was insecure about his ex), and in a week I get a text from HER (his ex girlfriend) how happy they are together again. So a week after we broke up (and he cried begging me to get together again) they started dating again like nothing (no one) ever happened. Don't worry, it'll get better in time, just never contact him again and forget about them, they probably won't last anyway

ReputationRep:
    So let me get this straight.

You dumped him after a year, just because you wanted to concentrate on your studies (talk about letting a guy down gently - "sorry babe, my books are more important to me than you" ). Rather than mope around, being depressed and begging you for another chance, he went and moved on.

Basically, you're ****** with him because he isn't feeding your ego by telling you how devastated he is that you split up with him, right? You're a shallow, vain and horrible person.

ReputationRep:
    You dumped your bf to "concentrate on your studies"? Lol, who does that?

ReputationRep:
    This guys on the right track....:rolleyes:

If the OP was a guy the following would be the message to be honest:

If YOU dumped her, you brought this on yourself. Did you expect the girl to abstain for you? lol Sooner or later it would happen. You dumped her because you needed to study? What does that say to her about what you thought about the relationship? Could you not have said you need to see each other less etc?.....It may sound insensitive but the tables have turned hard love heartbreak for heartbreak.....You've broken up, she can do whatever she pleases....:rolleyes:

EDIT: I forgot one crucial sentence: God!... Man up dude!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by falls_whisper)
    *hug* Ouch, that's very harsh.

I can sort of imagine how you feel, I also had(/have) difficulty feeling secure about my boyfriend's ex, and I know how difficult that is to get over. But only to have it proven correct merely 24 hours after you broke up?! God... what a ****head. You are justified to be angry, betrayed, hurt... but also remember to be glad that you dumped that douche before you got in even more deep.

I've already told my boyfriend, if we were to break up and he gets back together with his ex (I can't see it happening tbh), I will not stay friends with him - no matter how much I want to. To me, just as to you, it's a complete betrayal, and he'll be knowingly hurting me in the worst way possible.

I'd scream at him, tell him to shove it, and tell him exactly how I feel (anger and all). Then I'd cut contact. I know you have the same group of friends, and try not to make things difficult for them. But don't see/talk to him any more than you have to. What an idiot... how could he expect you to be happy for him?!

If the OP was a guy the following would be the message to be honest:

If YOU dumped her, you brought this on yourself. Did you expect the girl to abstain for you? lol Sooner or later it would happen. You dumped her because you needed to study? What does that say to her about what you thought about the relationship? Could you not have said you need to see each other less etc?.....It may sound insensitive but the tables have turned hard love heartbreak for heartbreak.....You've broken up, she can do whatever she pleases....

EDIT: I forgot one crucial sentence: God!... Man up dude

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JohnnytheFox)
    So let me get this straight.

You dumped him after a year, just because you wanted to concentrate on your studies (talk about letting a guy down gently - "sorry babe, my books are more important to me than you" ). Rather than mope around, being depressed and begging you for another chance, he went and moved on.

Basically, you're ****** with him because he isn't feeding your ego by telling you how devastated he is that you split up with him, right? You're a shallow, vain and horrible person.
    ^^^^^ This guy has a way with words doesn't he? :'( Man, you make so inspired sometimes!

But seriously... get over yourself woman! You're a nasty piece of work.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Literally.
    We've been together for almost a year. I was always feeling kind of unsure, because of his ex..but he kept making me feel really cared for- he was sweet, loving and all that crap. We just broke up, because I thought it would be a smart thing to do- help me focus in my studies not having it as a distraction and stuff.. My feelings were true, and it was quite difficult for me, I didn't know if that's what I really wanted, but now I know it was a damn good decision.
    He wanted to be friends. I was fine with that. The next day he calls me at night, we talk and then he mentions that since I'm his friend he's gonna tell me something he's yet not sure of. And then he goes on and on about how he spent the night of our break up talking to his ex, and all the memories brought them back together.
    I remembered how many times he told me what kind of terrible person she used to be.
    And he was stupid enough to tell me that he thought I'd be happy for him. Yeah I'm f*****g delirious.
    There has never been a person that made me feel so humiliated and wrong about myself as that guy. I was shocked. I felt bad about leaving him, because I thought it'd be hard for him to cope, but just look at that... thinking he was the last person on earth I would expect to betray me this way. I really sacrificed an awful lot for him. Gave up on many things.
    I feel angry and used.
    And right now he keeps calling 'to check up on me'.
    We have same friends. I'm scared to talk to anyone, because they've probably already heard his part of the story and would just think I'm being histerical. So I'm just keeping it for myself.
    I don't know what to do now.
    You broke-up with him after one year so as to avoid being 'distracted'. I'm surprised he even cares enough to stay in contact: frankly, he owes you ****-all, let alone the luxury of seeing him wallow in the misery you inflicted. Piss off.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 27, 2010
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.