Who would go to party like this :p: ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by danmurray)
    Who would go to party like this :p: ?
    you're 2 seats down from me, you freak.

AND YOU'RE NO LONGER INVITED.

touché.

ReputationRep:
    get some party food packs from the supermarkets and have those as the starters. also unless you hav picky friends you could have a different theme per course

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emmers)
    get some party food packs from the supermarkets and have those as the starters. also unless you hav picky friends you could have a different theme per course
    i think ill do that, like spring rolls, or brie and cranberry parcel (OMG, I LOVE THEM!!!) as canapés/starters. thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Your bday is in april!! and u already have a seating plan! OCD :p:

ReputationRep:
    Your bday is in april!! and u already have a seating plan! OCD :p:
    I DONT HAVE A SEATING PLAN DAN! Now get back to work!

and, you complained about 5 minutes about terrible spelling. its "birthday" and "you."

doofus.

ReputationRep:
    McDonalds, it's classyish...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stalin)
    McDonalds, it's classyish...
    i might have to resort to that...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lucefowls)
    I DONT HAVE A SEATING PLAN DAN! Now get back to work!

and, you complained about 5 minutes about terrible spelling. its "birthday" and "you."

doofus.

:curious: :nah: :curious:

ReputationRep:
    thats it i am not coming anymore... if its McDonalds

ReputationRep:
    :curious: :nah: :curious:
    :ymca:

^ thats going to be us

:cry:

^ thats going to be you.

ReputationRep:
    Can I come to stand in the corner and make scathing remarks about the food and guests, just like the voice over dude on the show?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mikeyd85)
    Can I come to stand in the corner and make scathing remarks about the food and guests, just like the voice over dude on the show?
    Yes!
    He MAKES the show!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mikeyd85)

Hey thats may job...that is if i survive the food lol :p:

ReputationRep:
    I'd do some English and some international cuisine to try and meet different tastes to friends, reduce the amount if people are less requiring British cuisine :P

Starters
    2 soups: A spicey tom yum Thai soup and a tomato and basil soup, fresh bread rolls
    A selection of deep fried type appetisers-Ie. deep fried camembert (provide a cranberry or redcurrent dip), brie and cranberry filo parcels, pakoras, samosas, spring rolls.
    Sliced tomato and mozarella on cocktail sticks, a little salt and olive oil.
    Portobello mushrooms grilled with balsamic vinegar and grilled halloumi, offer peri peri sauce

Main
    Personally I would do a complete thali, but to serve fussy friends...
    An Indian dish, like a really good butter masala paneer with saffron basmati rice
    A mexican dish that is easy to conjure up but tasty like nachos, on a bed of refried beans, topped with sour cream, salsa, guacamole, grated melted cheese, sliced spring onions, coriander, offer salad.
    An Italian dish, either a really well made and delicious Canneloni, a mushroom or preferably pumpkin or squash risotto, or goats cheese ravioli with a spicey arrabiata sauce, or gnocci with sage butter.
    Offer salad/vegetables.

Dessert
    A cheesecake, most people like these, either traditional NY style vanilla or a fruit type like raspberry. You could buy these from waitrose or M&S
    3 flavors of Icecream and 3 flavors of sorbet-you can buy some of these in. I recommend Waitrose's sorbets, the raspberry, the lemon and ginger, spiced berry and/or passion fruit. Waitrose also do colombian coffee icecream and banoffee icecream. Try and get hold of malai or pista kulfi from a large sainsburies or Tescos, and a coconut icecream.
    A warm pudding, gajar ka halwa and/or sticky toffee pudding. Offer custard/cream/icecream.

Haha good luck with all the work :P

ReputationRep:
    I don't understand how this party works...are you doing all the cooking? Or are you going to separate your guests into teams of 3/4 and make them bring a dish each for their teams and then mark?

Anyways, gotta love a dinner party so good idea...I'll get back to you with some menu ideas!

ReputationRep:
    my birthdays not till the end of april, but ive decided to choose the recipes and menu now, as im going to send the menu out with the inivations, so people can choose what they want. therefore, i wont be making 15 servings of everything. i may just have to make 1 or 2 extra servings, just incase someone doesnt like it/wants to try something else

(Original post by Sianeh)
    I don't understand how this party works...are you doing all the cooking? Or are you going to separate your guests into teams of 3/4 and make them bring a dish each for their teams and then mark?

Anyways, gotta love a dinner party so good idea...I'll get back to you with some menu ideas!
    im going to do all the cooking, yeah. although, i may buy some pre-made things.
    my friends were suggesting that they do the cooking, but i dont want to make a fuss, and i want them to have fun. plus, i like cooking!

(Original post by lizfairy)
    yours sounds delish!!! probably my fave so far (no offense to the others who have responded!)
    definately gunna give it a think

Hey thats may job...that is if i survive the food lol :p:
    i wasnt joking when i said that you're uninvited!!!

ReputationRep:
    pasta of some sort, you can go full out and even make the pasta
    I LOVE making pasta! so fun!

remember not to put too much pressure on yourself though, you want to enjoy it remember!

risotto or soup for a starter? both yummy ajdnpeople think they take loads of to make, but there really nice n simple...

cheesecake? i have to make one for the boyfriend for his birthday, tis all he's asked for lol
    sobet is good but iv only ever had them to cleanse the palate not as an actual pudding
    chocolate souffle? again sounding posh and complicated but really very simple and very yummy, and you can part cook so not too much pressure...

i say go for stuff that sounds posh and people think is complicated but insiders know to be fairly straight forward,
    dont want too much danger of it going wrong on the day
    and have fun!! sounds brilliant!
    x x x

ReputationRep:
    If you wanted three separate countries as themes:

ITALIAN
    Parma ham and melon (it's literally what it says on the tin, with a tiny bit of olive oil on the meat) For the vegetarians, I'd say melon slices is perfectly acceptable, although you could do some bruschetta-style things - toasted bread sprinkled with salt and a bit of oil, and a chopped tomato and basil topping. Nom.
    Filled pasta with pesto (you can buy both at the supermarket, and the pasta only takes like five minutes to cook) You could even get some proper fresh parmigiano reggiano for added authenticity. And, also, the Coop does a veggie version.
    Tiramisù or, even better, Pannacotta. Both are fairly easy and recipes can be found online. No, actually (and this is seriously authentic, honestly!), a plain pizza base covered in Nutella. Your guests will love you forever. And it requires, like, no work. And it can double as a birthday cake.

INDIAN
    Poppadoms with a selection of dips (raita and different chutneys) And, also, possibly a selection of Indian starters - you can buy them from the supermarket.
    Curry I'd say that for your stress levels' sake, I'd get some of those Patak's jars - some are actually really good - and then you can easy add different meats and veggies as necessary. And basmati rice, obviously. And maybe naan bread.
    Sorbet Tbh, I don't know much about Indian sweets, but I think something like that would be good, so it doesn't all get too heavy!

MEXICAN
    Nachos with cheese, refried beans and ground beef
    Fajitas or enchiladas with guacamole (home-made is amazing!), sour cream and salsa, and stuff. You can just cook different meats and veggies and let everyone make their own!
    Chocolate banana burrito! Chocolate banana burritos

ReputationRep:
    ohhh thank you thank you thank for all your suggestions!!! definately gunna have a pasta dish!

and that chocolate banana burrito sounds simply gorgeous!!!

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.