Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Ideas for my come dine with me birthday party Watch

ReputationRep:
    Oooh this sounds good.

I would go with for the main a pasta dish (possibly veggie), something like a curry, curried coconut meat and then something more plain like steak or chicken breast maybe stuffed. Then that would mean a pasta dish, rice dish and probably potato dish... so it depends how much work you want.

For pudding, pavlova- pretty easy to make in the morning.
    Something chocolatey for all those who love those kinda thing.
    And tiramisu for something different again.

ReputationRep:
    15 happy meals, nuff said

ReputationRep:
    I would do:

Starter:
    Middle-Eastern mezze style food - pitta bread, home-made hummus, falafel, lamb meatballs, greek salad, pastries (my favourite things ever are little filo pastry parcels filled with a mixture of feta cheese and spinach). Most of this stuff could be made in advance, so not a problem.

Main course:
    If you want three options, I'd go for a vegetarian one, a fish one, and a meat one.
    Butternut squash risotto for the vegetarian dish. NOM!
    Salmon is really easy. You can buy bags of frozen portions which aren't too expensive. Wrap each piece in foil, with a bit of dill, lemon juice and olive oil. Stick it in the oven for 20-30 minutes. And because it's covered, if you have to leave it in a bit longer while you wait for something else to cook, it won't dry out.
    For the meat dish, I'd do chicken breasts, stuffed with mozzarella and pesto and wrapped in bacon.
    I'd serve it all with a mixture of roasted vegetables (butternut squash, sweet potato, courgettes, peppers, red onions). That way, everyone can eat those, with whatever meat/fish dish they want, rather than having to make separate accompaniments for each dish.

Desserts:
    Cheesecake (a fairly simple baked lemon cheesecake, maybe with some fresh raspberries)
    Fruit salad (for anyone who is absolutely stuffed from the main course and just wants to pick at something light).
    Something traditional and hot, like apple crumble or bread and butter pudding.
    A cheese board!

ReputationRep:
    oh yes! a cheese board! a definate must have!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    Cheesecake is a must!! oh and Apple crumble!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by danmurray)
    Cheesecake is a must!! oh and Apple crumble!!
    dan, i am definately making apple crumble. with a chose of cream, ice cream or custard. OR ALL OF THEM. That'll be me, lol

ReputationRep:
    This isn't really a Come Dine With Me theme though is it? It's just you, the birthday girl, cooking.

I like the idea of giving guests a country to choose.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Clunge)
    This isn't really a Come Dine With Me theme though is it? It's just you, the birthday girl, cooking.

I like the idea of giving guests a country to choose.
    yeah i know, but the dinner party idea came from dome dine with me, so im sticking with it!!!
    i would quite like to have a come dine with me competition later on in the year though!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lucefowls)
    yeah i know, but the dinner party idea came from dome dine with me, so im sticking with it!!!
    i would quite like to have a come dine with me competition later on in the year though!

ohhh and get a home delivery from waitrose, for a dinner party i thoroughly recommend the new york cheese cake AND the white chocolate, raspberry and amaretto gateux!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lizfairy)
    ohhh and get a home delivery from waitrose, for a dinner party i thoroughly recommend the new york cheese cake AND the white chocolate, raspberry and amaretto gateux!
    ohhhh, the last one sounds lovely!

ReputationRep:
    Are you using a theme i.e. are you decorating?

ReputationRep:
    How is this anything like Come Dine With Me? Just sounds like a regular dinner party to me.

And there's no way you can successfully cook and prepare 45 plates of food - from nine distinct recipes - all on your own, all to be ready at the same time. I'm surprised nobody has told you this yet - this is never going to work. Think it through, please. Even Gordon Ramsay doesn't do it all on his own.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pink Bullets)
    How is this anything like Come Dine With Me? Just sounds like a regular dinner party to me.

And there's no way you can successfully cook and prepare 45 plates of food - from nine distinct recipes - all on your own, all to be ready at the same time. I'm surprised nobody has told you this yet - this is never going to work. Think it through, please. Even Gordon Ramsay doesn't do it all on his own.
    yeah ive been thinking it through and im not going to do as many recipes. however, i wont be doing in my own. my parents and my mums friend, who's really good at cooking is going to help me too.

and i know it isnt like come dine with me, ive said this in a previous comment.

ReputationRep:

tbh its her 18th bday party so she can do what she likes and its not as if the friends that she invites wouldnt help her out ... we are her friends after all lol

possitive attitude would be apprieciated

ReputationRep:
    tbh its her 18th bday party so she can do what she likes and its not as if the friends that she invites wouldnt help her out ... we are her friends after all lol

YEAH.

hes bringing a cheesecake apparently, so thats one dessert down.
    :yep:

ReputationRep:

Uh, she already acknowledged that her original plan was not going to work.

ReputationRep:
    Uh, she already acknowledged that her original plan was not going to work.
    Well shes wrong

ReputationRep:
    Well shes wrong
    did i tell you that id bought lots of sparkly decorations? TACK-O-RAMA.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.