Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

POST-EXAM CHAT: OCR Chemistry- Rings, Polymers and Analysis - F324 thread Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by andy892)
    Thanks for doing that.
    Could help you fill in the blank answers/ones that you're unsure of, but I don't have time this weekend - I still have an exam left.
    Sure someone else will help to do that.
    Know I've dropped 1 mark for certain - beyond that I think I got the rest - although the compounds for the last question are debatable.
    Hopefully will still work out OK.
    I needed reassuring, so thank you very much for doing that
    It's fine, best of luck for your exams, and also for Chem haha! Roll awwwn March!

ReputationRep:
    paper ???????????????????????????????? ???????????????????????????????? ???????????????????????????????? ???????????????????????????????? ???????????????????????????????? ???????????????????????????????? ???????????????????????????????? ???????????????????????????????? ???????????????????????????????? ???????????????????????????????? ???????????????????????????????? ???????????????????????????????? ???????????????????????????????? ???????????????????????????????? ???????????????????????????????? ???????????????????????????????? ?????????????????/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AnthonyShock)
    OCR A RINGS, POLYMERS AND ANALYSIS: ACTUAL PAPER AND UNOFFICIAL MARK SCHEME (almost!)

LINK TO ALBUM

^ the order of the questions are back to front, sorry! At the top of the album click Sort: Oldest, and it puts the questions in order!

Enjoy!
    so where are pages 4, and 11 ??

and from lookin at that markscheme, i only dropped around 4ish marks in the first 3 - 4 questions.. and it all went down hill on question 5 !!

for question 5, i managed to get Reagent A as Water, but got the same products as you, Reagent B as NaBH4 with a diagram, reducing the COOH group to OH, and Reagent C as Ethanol .. don't ask me why!

ReputationRep:
    so where are pages 4, and 11 ??
    Oh, they should be there, I photographed every feature on the paper lol

Would ethanol work the same as chloroethane? that's what I put, to react with the amine group.

I think almost everybody has fell down on tht *******en Q5, not one person i've spoken to said they done it! lol:eek:

ReputationRep:
    I think that ETHANOL may work in the same way - but I'm not sure. The C-O bond for the alcohol will still be electronegative, so the delta positive carbon should still be prone to attack by the N's lone pair?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thecdon)
    paper ???????????????????????????????? ???????????????????????????????? ???????????????????????????????? ???????????????????????????????? ???????????????????????????????? ???????????????????????????????? ???????????????????????????????? ???????????????????????????????? ???????????????????????????????? ???????????????????????????????? ???????????????????????????????? ???????????????????????????????? ???????????????????????????????? ???????????????????????????????? ???????????????????????????????? ???????????????????????????????? ?????????????????/
    patience douchebag xD! the guy said he's uploading it on monday coz its weekend now.. >,>

ReputationRep:
    oh no ******* i've missed out 2 marks on question 4 A by not saying IR will distinguish between carboxylic acid and esters and C-NMR will distinguish between carboxylic acids.. I just talked about them in general

read.the.*******.QUESTION.LEKKY :facepalm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lekky)
    oh no ******* i've missed out 2 marks on question 4 A by not saying IR will distinguish between carboxylic acid and esters and C-NMR will distinguish between carboxylic acids.. I just talked about them in general

read.the.*******.QUESTION.LEKKY :facepalm:
    exactly the same mistake
    i stupidly said youll get peaks at OH and C=O for IR and C-13-NMR shows different carbon environments

ReputationRep:
    Anyone who wanted the paper here you go :

http://www.slideshare.net/win2kpro/o...y-2010-3048950

You can either view it in full or Download it

ReputationRep:
    sweet! cheers win2kpro! anyone got a mark scheme??

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.