Turn on thread page Beta

Right so we are both at different Uni's, have been on and off together for 2 years, and have been on properly since Christmas. Things have been really good and we will be seeing each other quite often this term so distance isn't really a problem as we both enjoy having our separate lives apart.

However, recently she has been extremely annoying, always getting into moods, claiming that 'I don't care about how she feels' despite the fact I call her every day. It's starting to get to the point now where I'm beginning to think what's the point as she seems to always have a problem with something i've done or haven't done.. one day she maybe okay, then later in the evening she will be in a bad mood. I explain to her that I do care and I even asked her to go away with me in a couple of months, and to come see me next week, though despite this she thinks I don't care about her. I tell her I love her enough times, and I text her everyday.

Basically I'm just wondering why she is acting like this and what I should do?

cheers

ReputationRep:
    she will be feeling insecure, and as you have different things going now, she'll feel like you prefer them to her. Its probably not so much she is 'crazy' she just worries that things will fall apart now you are 'officially' together, as you said it has been on and off before, so she is probably insecure based on that. You will just have to give her the reassurance she needs and make an effort to do exciting things when you see her to show what she means to you; take her out for dinner, listen to what she wants to talk about and seem interested? but tbh, if its getting worse and wose, just dump her because although people do get insecure and need reassurance, sometimes they take it too far :/

ReputationRep:
    yep insecurity, its tough being in a relationship with an insecure person, just talk to her seriously, confront her about her insecurity, in person :L

that's the best thing to do tbh, depending on how she reacts, is then how you should make your decision to splitting up or keeping with her >_>

you sound very similar to someone in my flat... as in same problems with a girl... your name isn't liam by any chance is it? XD

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 27, 2010
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.