Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    ok so I'm thinking of doing a PGCE at Leeds after I graduate ( i know I'm only a first year now but just thinking ahead) anyway on their entrance requirements they say

A first degree from a UK university (or equivalent qualification),

amongst other things.....

does this mean a first class degree, or just a degree that is your first one (if that makes sense?)

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    I think it means just a first degree - as in, an undergraduate degree. Most universities have reasonably low entry requirments for PGCE study, so i don't thinks that Leeds will be demanding a 1st Class degree for entry

ReputationRep:
    Although, obviously, still try to get a good quality degree award at the end of your undergrad - keep your options open

ReputationRep:
    ok thanks! and yeah i will try and get a good degree, I was just aiming for a 2.1 is all.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.