Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I didnt find anything about that in the offer guide. they just said only if you firm it can you be guaranteed a room.
    Birmingham is definitely gonna be my insurance and do I apply for accommodation? do I pay the 550 pounds?
    im afraid if i cant meet the offer of my firm so I guess I should apply for a room in birmingham?
    anybody in the same situation?

ReputationRep:
    I don't know if you can apply for accommodation, you're best bet is to just ring up and ask. You won't be guaranteed it though.

All the people I live with had Birmingham as their insurance and so didn't get a room in halls through uni. If you end up in the same situation you can book into private halls.

E.g.

QHC

IQ5

Opal 1

Edit: found this on TSR:
    'You can apply by paper form or online and firm candidates are guaranteed a place in uni accommodation if they return the form by 31st May. International students outside the EU have until 31st July. Insurance candidates also need to apply by these deadlines, but these, along with Clearing students, are not guaranteed accommodation.'

So you need to apply along with firm candidates by 31st July. If you don't get any and end up going there is always the options I linked to.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.