Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I am currently a third year student doing history and over the past week or so I have decided that I want to do a PCGE in history for secondary school. I am not sure if it is too late to apply or even how to apply.

Was just wondering if anyone could answer my questions lol

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Footballfiend08)
    I am currently a third year student doing history and over the past week or so I have decided that I want to do a PCGE in history for secondary school. I am not sure if it is too late to apply or even how to apply.

Was just wondering if anyone could answer my questions lol

Thanks
    It can't hurt to apply. However, that said, there are only about 13 programs with an opening, which is less than half of what's available. History if very competitive. If you are able to move for uni, then it shouldn't be a problem. I would recommend getting your application completed and sent asap.

Do you have any classroom experience? You may not get an offer if you don't, as it's a competitive course. If you apply and make to an interview, whether you are offered a place or not after the interview, it will provide you with experience.

If you have no classroom experience, you may want take a year out and look for a TA job. It would provide with lots of classroom experience, and will look great on your app next year.

To start, I would have a look at the GTTR website. See what unis still have openings. If your interested in those unis and meet the requirements, then submit an application. Be sure to select a referee who will submit their letter of recommendation asap. You don't want someone who's going to take weeks, as your application can't be submitted without it.

Best of luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by k1tsun3)
    It can't hurt to apply. However, that said, there are only about 13 programs with an opening, which is less than half of what's available. History if very competitive. If you are able to move for uni, then it shouldn't be a problem. I would recommend getting your application completed and sent asap.

Do you have any classroom experience? You may not get an offer if you don't, as it's a competitive course. If you apply and make to an interview, whether you are offered a place or not after the interview, it will provide you with experience.

If you have no classroom experience, you may want take a year out and look for a TA job. It would provide with lots of classroom experience, and will look great on your app next year.

To start, I would have a look at the GTTR website. See what unis still have openings. If your interested in those unis and meet the requirements, then submit an application. Be sure to select a referee who will submit their letter of recommendation asap. You don't want someone who's going to take weeks, as your application can't be submitted without it.

Best of luck!

Thanks for your advice. Past few days I have had a look around, and see a few unis with vacancies. Been in contact with my secondary school teachers as possible referees. My only real classroom experience was in 6th form I spend 1 of my free periods per week helping out in a R.E class with children with special needs etc for a term or two. Would that be sufficient. Also I am a little unsure about how to apply ? :s

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 29, 2010
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.