Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zaf1991)
    I'm pretty sure when you increase the volume you decrease the pressure for the Kc question.
    hey what was the order of reaction for W in the 1st q?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Circularmover)
    hey what was the order of reaction for W in the 1st q?

ReputationRep:
    Nothing special.

I'm on ABB... 1 UMS off an A in Chem lol

I'm doing work experience in a opthalmic surgery this year. I didnt apply for 2009 because I messed my AS up bad... Had some severe personal problems... and thought I was not going to get good grades last year either but I didnt do that bad. . I like module 4 so I did it again. Plus I hope it will get me in the mood for the beast - CHM5.
    1 UMS marks :eek: wouldn't it have been worth a remark or two? could of saved you all this effort and you probably would of got it- a mate of mine got a remark twice and went up 8 UMS marks to go up the grade

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by silva228)
    1 UMS marks :eek: wouldn't it have been worth a remark or two? could of saved you all this effort and you probably would of got it- a mate of mine got a remark twice and went up 8 UMS marks to go up the grade
    Was that in chemistry though ?
    The thing with exams like chemistry, maths etc your either right or wrong and so you expect the examiner to being bang on or pretty close, and also with a remark there's the possibility of it going down.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sabbir.M)
    Was that in chemistry though ?
    The thing with exams like chemistry, maths etc your either right or wrong and so you expect the examiner to being bang on or pretty close, and also with a remark there's the possibility of it going down.
    I thought that actually at the time- he might of been bulls****** but if it is 1 UMS mark you get one mark for QOL dont you-in a remark surely they wouldnt begrudge you that? really is worth a go I would of thought

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sabbir.M)
    I put 2...then i crossed it out and put 1 but then i put 2...then i crossed it out...and i know i've forgot which one i put i think it was 1...meh

looking back i thought it was 1...because the conc of both were doubled yet it went up x8. so surely that means that theyr both 1

ReputationRep:
    LOL. I'm not bull****ing. That is after remarking 5 Chemistry modules. I had 473 1st and it went up to 479. I had AS retakes marked twice. It just wasn't meant to be. I wasn't too far in Bio either...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Circularmover)
    What was the splitting pattern? does anyone remember?
    Doublet so next to Carbon with 1 Hydrogen
    Quartet so next to Carbon with 3 Hydrogens

c) was 2 triplets.

ReputationRep:
    Doublet so next to Carbon with 1 Hydrogen
    Quartet so next to Carbon with 3 Hydrogens

c) was 2 triplets.
    ahhh but wastn the CH3 attatched to a carbon with no hydrogens?

ReputationRep:
    Nope dude it read CH3CHClCOOH

So the CH3 was next to a Carbon with one H.

ReputationRep:
    i forgot what i put

ReputationRep:
    Don't worry about it now. CHM5 is where your attention really needs to be. Good luck to everyone.

ReputationRep:
    hellooooooooo does anyone have the january 2010 chm4 paper please?

ReputationRep:
    does anybody have the CHM 4 jan 2010 mark scheme?!?!? PLEASE

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 14, 2011
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  2. University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  3. Bishop Grosseteste University
    All Courses Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.