Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi I've been invited for a social work interview next month, and was wondering if anyone has already had their interviews and what they are like?? Sarah

ReputationRep:
    me too! when is yours? mine is 24th feb. sorry, that isn't helpful I know

ReputationRep:
    mine is the 24th Feb too at Lancaster! I'm getting nervous now, arrrgggghhhh!!!!
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Is it group or individual?

ReputationRep:
    I'm not sure about Lancaster, ive applied for uclan aswell, and i know they do group interviews

ReputationRep:
    A friend went for one at Lancaster and she said they had a group talk followed by individual interviews. I have applied for UCLAN as well, but haven't heard anything from them.

ReputationRep:
    i think i will prefer the group interviews. i haven't heard from uclan yet either

ReputationRep:
    do you know how many places Lancaster have for Social Work?

ReputationRep:
    don't have a clue! I got the impression they were really picky and was shocked when i got an interview lol

ReputationRep:
    me too! I was shocked I got an interview. Lancaster is my first choice, their SW dept is ranked 3rd in the country so I am told.

ReputationRep:
    Hiya ive got my interview in March at leeds met.. let me know how your interview went please and what to expect! So nervous!!

ReputationRep:
    Hey!
    Ive actually had my interview at Lancaster back on the 14th of december and was offered a place
    Ill tip you from now its not a group interview
    The staff were very friendly so nothing to worry about! But the interview is nerve racking ...If you have a real passion to be a social worker you'll be fine its all pretty standard stuff like...Why lancaster?Why do you want to be a social worker bla bla ...all i can say to help you is research the new changes that are happening in the social work/care field
    Any other questions feel free to pm and good luck x

ReputationRep:
    ok I've been chatting to people including a 3rd year SW student at Lancaster and my friend who's had an interview and apparently there's about 40 places at Lancaster and they just ask about why you want to do social work and about recent cases etc. I am still nervous but all I can do is be honest I suppose!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *L.C*)
    Hey!
    Ive actually had my interview at Lancaster back on the 14th of december and was offered a place
    Ill tip you from now its not a group interview
    The staff were very friendly so nothing to worry about! But the interview is nerve racking ...If you have a real passion to be a social worker you'll be fine its all pretty standard stuff like...Why lancaster?Why do you want to be a social worker bla bla ...all i can say to help you is research the new changes that are happening in the social work/care field
    Any other questions feel free to pm and good luck x
    sorry I meant to thank you for your tips its really helpful to hear about other interviews x

ReputationRep:
    thanks guys, it's good to hear about other people's experiences in interviews. i'm sooooo nervous!!!!

ReputationRep:
    There is nothing to be nervous about :-)

I had my interview at Huddersfield today and it was a 3 stage interview. The first part was a written test based on a case study. The second was a group discussion, which was really friendly and relaxed. The last stage was an interview where I was asked various questions relating to Social Work. An example question was, think of something good and bad about when you were growing up and relate to that to what you think you could bring to the profession. Another example was describe a time when you have witnessed oppression or discrimination and what you did or should have done.

Good luck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sezzilou)
    thanks guys, it's good to hear about other people's experiences in interviews. i'm sooooo nervous!!!!
    you will have to tell me what you look like then we will know who each other are:eek:

ReputationRep:
    haha i've got a profile pic up now, so you can see who I am! arrrghhh not long to go :s

ReputationRep:
    HI EVERYONE the key is do not panic...go in and do ur best and u will b fine. I live in northern ireland and applied for UCLAN. i went to my interview yesterday which was ment to b a group interview. As my flight was delayed i ended up getting a individual interview. i was asked the same questions as those in the group interview. i was given a case study about a service user with various problems for example a 78 year old women who had lost her husband and her daughter she was depressed, suicidal etc. During my interview i was asked questions about the case study such as how wud u prepare 4 ur 1st meeting with this service user? wat skills and values would be important here? wat would the barriers be here? i was also asked about the care planning process. it wasnt as bad as i thought it would be, the interviewer was really really nice and made me feel immediately comfortable! i got offered a place today which i am sooo happy about as i am only 17. wish u all good luck and if u need any help just ask..

ReputationRep:
    Hi philfitt I have an interview at Huddersfield in a couple of days, can you please tell me what you did in the comprehension test? Any otherpointers from anyone would be great!! Thanks

Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.