Turn on thread page Beta

My flatmates are so dirty! watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    My roomates always clean up these days, but they used to be pigs.

That said, I don't have much in common with then, and spend most of my time with other friend anyway; at the start we cooked together, though I get back very late, so doing it separately now. My advice is to live as normally as you could, leave their dirty stuff there - sooner or later they'd get the hint. Otherwise if it really annoys you, speak to the accommodation ppl...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emmarainbow)
    My other friend also hung out in his flat all the time - her flat kept deliberately salting her food (I mean, wtf?) - she even started keeping it at his.

Some people consider this 'banter' and therefore acceptable behaviour. Personally I think that it is best responded to with a damn good kicking, or at the very least a nice big threat of physical violence...

Anyway, a poor choice of housemates in my 2nd and 3rd years is pretty much the main reason why I am no longer in touch with anyone from uni. That and the fact that I'm bloody rubbish at keeping in touch with people of course...

So, my advice would be to just ignore them, stick it out until the term ends and sort out accomodation with some of your actual friends, rather than those that you just happen to be living with now. Do so sooner rather than later though, all the good houses go early, and people do tend to sort out their house-share groups a lot earlier than you would think...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    However I just don't want my old hall *****ing about me, because one of the girls is on my course and in all of my seminars.

Is it worth it though? I finish in May and I'm not living with them next year (they tried to bully me into getting a house with them as they needed a fourth person. We had some stand up rows about me wanting to pull out as I was unhappy with them/the house/the costs) but I hate living with them now. I almost don't want to feel as though I have to move and to uproot myself for the sake of it.
    You'll be happier when you move. You may not feel it's you who should be the one but you'll come across people like this throughout your whole life, they don't appear once in a blue moon. You either put up with it, or do a change for yourself and move out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bubbles*de*Milo)
    Yeah, I really look like a troll don't I! :rolleyes:

And let's be real; socially excluded by every girl in your flat, who have all become good friends without you.

Hmmmm, normal girl behavior?
    Usually that means clash of personalities and interests not socially retarded.

ReputationRep:
    Does everyone think that it is better to go to a far university away from home instead of a close one where you can stay close and live at home ?

ReputationRep:
    Just clean up your stuff and leave theirs to fester.

They see you as a pushover because you're cleaning their stuff up.

Tell the ringleader to **** off and grow up

(Original post by Laurah5498)
    Just clean up your stuff and leave theirs to fester.

They see you as a pushover because you're cleaning their stuff up.

Tell the ringleader to **** off and grow up
    I don't get where everyone got this idea that I clean their stuff. I never said that. I leave it to fester.

However I don't want festering food/plates/surfaces.

It's not getting any better. Any other ideas?

ReputationRep:
    Move. It's not worth it.

Assume the worst - once you've given up on these people it'll probs be a massive weight off your shoulders.

Just an update for anyone who gave me advice. I tried to stick it out but I've emailed the accommodation office for a room change. In the past month I've been ill with food poisoning and kept up late every night. I've had enough. Even if I have lost most of the year, most of my friends are in other halls of residence anyway, so now just need a quiet, nice flat.

ReputationRep:
    I had problems like this last year but it continued throughout the whole 12 months of living in halls. Do you have your hall tutors come round on the off occassion to check up on everyone and sit down and chat? If they do, don't complain just let him see what it's like for himself/herself! Otherwise, I'd ring campus security anonymously like I did, they'll ask for your hall and room number and name, just say you don't want to give it or make one up like I did, then drop them in it and complain on and on that you want to move out because you're that depressed. Remember to ring with a private number too!

ReputationRep:
    I had a bit of a problem in my first year with one housemate in particular, who for the first part of it i got on really well with.
    It was after he split up with a girl he was going out with, he just started playing loads of horrible practical jokes on me. I tried so hard to confront him about it, but every time the fu***ng coward denied all, and of course no one else wanted to get involved.

I't actually got to the point where i was ready to kick the crap out of him. I rememeber one night he kicked my door in, because he'd fallen out with some lassie i knew about a tree and wanted her number from me sohe could phone her to argue with her. Jesus.. i thought that was quite funny in all honesty, i bodged my door up the next day and made a proper complaint so they fixed it properly when i left, the guy who looked at it reckoned i'd made a decent job of it.. The thing that really pi55ed me off though, was that he never apologised, he actually said it was my fault for not opening my door.
    This was the point when i realised i needed to say nothing. I have no idea what i did to make him dislike me, the only thing i can think of is some form of jelousy or something.

Anyway, the point is, i was never shy of him, and it didn't really help. He simply wanted to hate me so he did, things got so much better when i moved out, i moved in with 2 mates and one random guy, who turned out to have very similar tastes in music and remains one of my best mates at uni! Just remember it will get better .

ReputationRep:
    Bump

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 3, 2010
Poll
Could you cope without Wifi?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.