Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by edders)
    youre not a very good jew then lol
    Hey I go to synagogue once a week
    I don't believe in God, but I do believe in traditions.

ReputationRep:
    i think the current answer is 'we dont know'
    Or more specifically, the physicists don't know.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tek)
    Hey I go to synagogue once a week
    I don't believe in God, but I do believe in traditions.
    yeah on the website you gave the other day (jewfaq.com) it did say that many atheists consider themselves jewish as they share a common ancestry. btw do you know anyone who writes G-d? (apparently some jews do)

ReputationRep:
    yeah on the website you gave the other day (jewfaq.com) it did say that many atheists consider themselves jewish as they share a common ancestry. btw do you know anyone who writes G-d? (apparently some jews do)
    I do lol. I was just taught that way. I never used to, but for some reason I do now. :confused:

ReputationRep:
    There is a theory that our universe might not have been the first, there could have been infinite big bangs and big crunches our is just one more in the statistics, our universe is only a few billion years old but there could have been many more universes before ours. Although it dosent answer when was something created its at least another theory.

ReputationRep:
    The physics way of answering the question of how the Big bang occured is to use long words and scientific phrases no-one understands to confuse you into submission!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lord Huntroyde)
    The physics way of answering the question of how the Big bang occured is to use long words and scientific phrases no-one understands to confuse you into submission!
    i.e. technical language.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by seank)
    god is a name we humans gave to make it easier to deal with, the word god means different things to different ppl. i think what we call god is something beyond our mere human understanding. we were designed so that we could never understand what made us.
    why would we be designed not to understand what created us(this is if we were created)?

ReputationRep:
    i think its weird say this "something" created "everything" every universe everything!what the hell created that?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by darknessishope)
    why would we be designed not to understand what created us(this is if we were created)?
    Maybe, that's our aim, as humans to find out. It's the mystery in life.

ReputationRep:
    God has always existed and always will. He is infinite (according to Christians anyway)

ReputationRep:
    There's no point believing in God anyway, it's a waste of time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tek)
    Hmm.. so why do you go to a synagogue?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tek)
    You wont be saying that when your in hell for not believing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by happysunshine)
    If you go to hell you still wouldn't know if there was a heaven or not.

ReputationRep:
    did you know, 56% of Yanks still believe that God created the Earth in 7 days, 4000 years ago :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Bloody God botherer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gemgems89)
    Hmm.. so why do you go to a synagogue?
    As I've said, tradition.

And the chances are God (if he exists) will send us all to Hell anyway; he does not seem to be particularly benevolent to me.

Anyway there's no point in belief - you might as well get on with your life.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lord Huntroyde)
    If you go to hell you still wouldn't know if there was a heaven or not.
    Yes you would. Hell is full of fire and skeletons and run by Satan. Heaven is pretty and run by God. But I suppose somehow the fire and the skeletons could mean it is heaven.

ReputationRep:
    Yes you would. Hell is full of fire and skeletons and run by Satan. Heaven is pretty and run by God. But I suppose somehow the fire and the skeletons could mean it is heaven.
    Yeah, whatever...you go on believing that.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.