This discussion is closed.
pedy1986
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Seer)
Talks of philosophy and theology always seem to make other subjects look so inferior
always interesting at least, and people usually give decent responses in talks on the subjects which make for happy reading!
Camford
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Sometimes I think God is the roots of all evil. From the death of Copernicus to the large scale witch hunts and today's terrorist groups, I believe there's enough evidence to convince me that religious belief is probably not a very bright idea. Apart from diseases, religions probably have killed the most people. Plus, on top of that, it probably has set the development of science back hundreds of years.
CrzySxyCool
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
(Original post by Camford)
Sometimes I think God is the roots of all evil. From the death of Copernicus to the large scale witch hunts and today's terrorist groups, I believe there's enough evidence to convince me that religious belief is probably not a very bright idea. Apart from diseases, religions probably have killed the most people. Plus, on top of that, it probably has set the development of science back hundreds of years.
i think that religion causes most wars?why fight over something you may or may not agree with?if you believe in it enough to go to war. then you wont get anywhere by fighting!because you will never back down from your enitiol thoery about your god.
Camford
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Seer)
Impossible, only Logic could prove or disprove God's existence.
...without the need of making assumptions.
pedy1986
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
No religion advocates violence, it is human nature that causes all the wars in the supposed 'name of religion'
Camford
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by CrzySxyCool)
i think that religion causes most wars?why fight over something you may or may not agree with?if you believe in it enough to go to war. then you wont get anywhere by fighting!because you will never back down from your enitiol thoery about your god.
Exactly.

Choice of a world to live in if I ever had the chance: A world without relgious wars. Or, a world ruled by science.
pedy1986
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
A world ruled by science you must be joking?

There is a need as humans for the supernatural, for mysticism for spirtuality, we all desire it at some point.

What about the 'arts' in a world rules by science? Would they be discounted as needless? Surely not something we want!
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling ahead of results day?

Very Confident (54)
8.78%
Confident (80)
13.01%
Indifferent (88)
14.31%
Unsure (158)
25.69%
Worried (235)
38.21%

Watched Threads