Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Seer)
    Talks of philosophy and theology always seem to make other subjects look so inferior
    always interesting at least, and people usually give decent responses in talks on the subjects which make for happy reading!

ReputationRep:
    Sometimes I think God is the roots of all evil. From the death of Copernicus to the large scale witch hunts and today's terrorist groups, I believe there's enough evidence to convince me that religious belief is probably not a very bright idea. Apart from diseases, religions probably have killed the most people. Plus, on top of that, it probably has set the development of science back hundreds of years.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Camford)
    Sometimes I think God is the roots of all evil. From the death of Copernicus to the large scale witch hunts and today's terrorist groups, I believe there's enough evidence to convince me that religious belief is probably not a very bright idea. Apart from diseases, religions probably have killed the most people. Plus, on top of that, it probably has set the development of science back hundreds of years.
    i think that religion causes most wars?why fight over something you may or may not agree with?if you believe in it enough to go to war. then you wont get anywhere by fighting!because you will never back down from your enitiol thoery about your god.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Seer)
    Impossible, only Logic could prove or disprove God's existence.
    ...without the need of making assumptions.

ReputationRep:
    No religion advocates violence, it is human nature that causes all the wars in the supposed 'name of religion'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CrzySxyCool)
    i think that religion causes most wars?why fight over something you may or may not agree with?if you believe in it enough to go to war. then you wont get anywhere by fighting!because you will never back down from your enitiol thoery about your god.
    Exactly.

Choice of a world to live in if I ever had the chance: A world without relgious wars. Or, a world ruled by science.

ReputationRep:
    A world ruled by science you must be joking?

There is a need as humans for the supernatural, for mysticism for spirtuality, we all desire it at some point.

What about the 'arts' in a world rules by science? Would they be discounted as needless? Surely not something we want!

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.