Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

(Original post by gbduo)
    ...and i wonder what caused that! :rolleyes:
    Ignorant ***** like the EDl:dontknow:

(Original post by mathperson)
    I'm educated, value freedom and feeling comefitable [sic] and secure.
    How on earth does a pious Muslim women wearing a burka come into conflict with your comfort and security?

Whilst their faces cannot be identified on CCTV for example, the same argument could be made for balaclavas, hoodies, headscarves and any other item of clothing that is fully covering. When it comes to airport security, women wearing the buka have to be put through the same checks as everyone else. There is no evidence to suggest that they are a particular threat to security. Yes, there was once an isolated case of a man wearing a burka to escape a crime scene (can't remember the deatils, but you proably know the case) - but he could equally have easily escaped wearing a balaclava, or a headscarf, or anything else that fully covers the body. And it's hardly like it happens all the time.

And what do you expect them to do exactly? Muslim women are hardly the most common perpertrators of crime. There is no rational or evidential reason why they should make you uncomfortable - can you please explain this further?

As I said before, if you're so xenophobic that the mere sight of someone wearing a burka actually freaks you out (because of the scale of cultural difference or whatever) that's surely you're problem, not theirs?
How are you feeling about your exams?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.