Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I got a gift voucher worth £50 for Next at christmas... but i never ever shop in next, and having been in a few times with the intention of buying something with the gift card, have found that their trousers do not fit me and im not keen on their tops!

Is there anywere I could sell the voucher?! Theres many things I would like to buy with £50! I dont know anyone who shops in next who would like to buy the voucher either... gutted! Thanks for any ideas!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hollyy13)
    I got a gift voucher worth £50 for Next at christmas... but i never ever shop in next, and having been in a few times with the intention of buying something with the gift card, have found that their trousers do not fit me and im not keen on their tops!

Is there anywere I could sell the voucher?! Theres many things I would like to buy with £50! I dont know anyone who shops in next who would like to buy the voucher either... gutted! Thanks for any ideas!
    Ring up Next and see if they would give you change if you spent less than £50. If so, then just go buy some cheap earrings for like £2 and then you'll get £48 in change.

Alternatively sell it on eBay for like £45. You'll lose £5 but you'll get to spend £45 in a place that isn't Next.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hollyy13)

Even though you may not be keen on the actual clothes, Next do some gorgeous shoes and underwear, so it might be worth going back for another look!

ReputationRep:
    Have a look through Next's catalogue; they've started getting some branded labels in like Adidas, Superdry and Original Penguin. I don't know what style you like, but they've got some nice enough clothes there, if you don't like some of the Next originals.

Alternatively, their bags last forever and their underwear is really comfy, so maybe you could find something there?

ReputationRep:
    sell it on ebay?
    next do some amazing heels and simple things like leggings though, so do check

ReputationRep:
    Pyjama's? Houseware stuff like duvet cover maybe?

Or, do you ever buy presents for other people there? Save until you need to buy someone else a present and then what you spend on them, spend on yourself elsewhere.

I too got a Next voucher which I haven't spend yet.

ReputationRep:
    I love next pjs!!

i used to sell mine to my mum...

jewellery for birthday pressies?
    there perfumes are good for pressies too...
    or for cheap keep in the car perfume

they do nice little bits and bobs like jewellery boxes and stuff...

ReputationRep:
    Ohhh I feel for you, I really do! My mum is always given Next vouchers for various reasons and she hates the place (as do I, having worked there for a painful couple of months), and I think she's now down from £60 to £26, having bought some wrapping paper, candles and a shirt for my uncle before Christmas... vouchers are usually great as it's like "WAHEY free money!" but then you realise it's Next and you cry. BOOOO.

I agree with ~Amy-Eliza~ - Next have gorg. shoes and undies - perhaps have a look in that range, see there is anything that takes your fancy??

ReputationRep:
    I love Next's underwear! It's around £10 for a bra, but I always go in the sales. Their shoes and jewellery are also lovely. If you still don't want it, ask friends/family if they would be willing to swap for money, my friend does this with her parents. If all fails, you could buy stuff for presents. Or give it to me hehe

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 29, 2010
Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.