Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Ok,ok. I now theoretically the Lenz's law. But i search all the studentroom and found many topics explain it BUT because i asm so stupid or so stressed i dont get it !
    I think we should answer a question together about it so i will get it

No need to say the Lenz Law but about the rest please help me with it and explain m what should i do to find all that stuff

ReputationRep:
    1)North pole

2) To the right

3) Due to the gravity the magent is falling faster so there is a greater rate of change of flux, greater emf and therefore a greater current.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sakujo)
    1)North pole

2) To the right

3) Due to the gravity the magent is falling faster so there is a greater rate of change of flux, greater emf and therefore a greater current.
    Thankx for ur quick answer but why North pole and why to the right ? The 3rd one is ok

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Neofytos)
    Thankx for ur quick answer but why North pole and why to the right ? The 3rd one is ok
    Should be able to the question if you understand lenz's law, the coil has to oppose. Anti-clockwise current is formed due to N-pole and therefore the current is going to the right.

ReputationRep:
    Should be able to the question if you understand lenz's law, the coil has to oppose. Anti-clockwise current is formed due to N-pole and therefore the current is going to the right.
    I even didnt understand what he means by : "State the induced magnetic polarity on the top side of the coil as the magnet falls towards it."

ReputationRep:
    I even didnt understand what he means by : "State the induced magnetic polarity on the top side of the coil as the magnet falls towards it."
    erm well what is Lenz's law? The direction of the induced current acts in the opposite direction to the motion producing it, right?

ReputationRep:
    What magnetic pole is at the top of coil, the side close to the N pole of the magnet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by n_251)
    erm well what is Lenz's law? The direction of the induced current acts in the opposite direction to the motion producing it, right?
    Oh,ok then. But then one is downwards and the other is leftwards :P

ReputationRep:
    What magnetic pole is at the top of coil, the side close to the N pole of the magnet.
    North u mean the N on the magnetic not North of coil (Head of coil) ? Its its like that ok i got it
    Was it so easy ? To say that the north side of magnetic will be induced

ReputationRep:
    Im stuck on the 'add an arrow' question too. Could someone explain it?

ReputationRep:
    OK GUYS. I got it ! It Needs to be North,because the Magnet is also North,so it will oppose it ! About second .... ?

ReputationRep:
    Use the right hand grip rule to find the direction of current. The thumb points towards to the north.

ReputationRep:
    Oh,ok then. But then one is downwards and the other is leftwards :P
    Well, think about it. You have a coil right? The current can't mysteriously act in straight line and escape the coil. Therefore if the induced current acts upwards, the current must go in that direction and follow the coil from right to left.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by n_251)
    Well, think about it. You have a coil right? The current can't mysteriously act in straight line and escape the coil. Therefore if the induced current acts upwards, the current must go in that direction and follow the coil from right to left.
    Correct i thought it 1 second after i asked u
    Thanks guys u helped me a lot

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: January 27, 2010

University open days

• University of East Anglia (UEA)
    Could you inspire the next generation? Find out more about becoming a Secondary teacher with UEA… Postgraduate
    Thu, 18 Oct '18
  • University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
  • University of Sheffield
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.