Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

**** Megabus!! watch

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    Why does it matter if its a coach or a train? im confused, did you miss it because the time was wrong on your ticket?

ReputationRep:
    Megabus are *****, I was a little late for my coach managed to run there just in time was literally AT the coach doors as they began to close and the driver refused to open them for me.

ReputationRep:
    I don't understand, surely the problem is that you got the wrong time, the mode of transport shouldn't make a difference. I know if they advertised it as a coach it should be a coach but still, are you sure it wasn't that the time was advertised wrong?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Callipygian)
    Why does it matter if its a coach or a train? im confused, did you miss it because the time was wrong on your ticket?
    i thought i booked a coach ticket at 11.15 but the staff told me it was a train and by the time i got there i missed and they told me that i would have 2 buy another ticket for the 11.30 one at £48 one way!

ReputationRep:
    ahhhh i see, so because you thought it was a coach you hung around the coach area, but if you had known it was a train you would have got there on time.
    Yeah that's pretty rubbish, you probably should have got on the train and then tried to get megabus to pay you back, assumeing you still had all the stuff saying it was a coach etc.

ReputationRep:
    Well their website doesn't let you buy a ticket by bus from London to Nottingham as far as I can see, get nothing but 'No journeys match your request' no matter what the day of the week.

You can get train journeys though (from St Pancras next door to Kings Cross) if you go back and select 'Train' or 'All' and click the train looking picture next to all the different train times...

Are you sure Megabus messed up here....?

ReputationRep:
    Why would a coach leave from Kings Cross? :lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    Even if a coach existed you'd of been in the wrong place, they leave from Victoria Coach Station

ReputationRep:
    megabus are fine for me

ReputationRep:
    yes they did because throughout the whole time i was booking it, it never once showed that it was train to Nottingham. only when i got to the station i found out that it wasn't a coach

ReputationRep:
    This is what I hate about some people, why can't they accept that something is THEIR OWN FAULT?

You **** off Megabus but it's your own fault for not double-checking everything! When I travel anywhere I make sure I print off or at least write down ALL the information I may need. Stop blaming Megabus for your own mistake, and actually accept responsibility for your own actions.

ReputationRep:
    i did print off everything and it doesn't mention train

you don't need to tell me about what i need to do, you can carry on using megabus if you want

ReputationRep:
    I know this is no help now OP, but for future reference Megabus coaches leave from Victoria Coach Station, not King's Cross. I didn't even know there was a coach stop at King's Cross. It's a shame, but luckily Nottingham Trent are going to give you another day - I say put it behind you and learn to check and double and triple check your ticket, times, and ask staff as soon as you get there in future!

ReputationRep:
    Where you select which journey you want to go on, it either has a picture of a train or a picture of a bus / coach.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by missmo)
    i did print off everything and it doesn't mention train

you don't need to tell me about what i need to do, you can carry on using megabus if you want

I've never used megabus, but I refuse to believe that nowhere on your order confirmation does it mention the word 'train'.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by punkyrocker)
    I know this is no help now OP, but for future reference Megabus coaches leave from Victoria Coach Station, not King's Cross. I didn't even know there was a coach stop at King's Cross. It's a shame, but luckily Nottingham Trent are going to give you another day - I say put it behind you and learn to check and double and triple check your ticket, times, and ask staff as soon as you get there in future!
    i know that most coaches leave from victoria but that's not the only coach stop in london...

anyway i am very lucky to have another date at NTU and i'm will put this nonsense behind me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by missmo)
    i know that most coaches leave from victoria but that's not the only coach stop in london...

anyway i am very lucky to have another date at NTU and i'm will put this nonsense behind me
    I know it's not the only coach stop in London. However, from a quick look at the Megabus route from London to Nottingham, they don't offer a coach service, only a train service.

ReputationRep:
    regardless of whether or not its a bus, you missed the time that you were meant to be there for.

It's your fault. Fool.

ReputationRep:
    You screwed up, not them xD

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 3, 2015
Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.