Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Too many questions resit, reapplying,oxford watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi I'm an international student and I have just received my final A level grades (CIE) AABaab - my A(and a)'s are all in low 90's.

I have offers for accounting and finance at Manchester,Bristol and Nottingham. Although, I'm satisfied with these universities but I want to have a shot at oxford Economics and Management for 2011 entry.

So, my question is
    1. If I resit the "B"grade A level subject in 2010 June exam (results released august) and get an A with high80's or 90's will I have a decent chance at oxford? (assuming that my ps and interview goes fairly well)

2. How do univerisities know whether I have resat or not ?
    When I first sat my As level (2008 November ,here its 6months different compare to UK system) I didn't do so well therefore I resat couple of As level at 2009 june and sat my A level exams at nov 2009. So my worry is that I already resat some As level at 2009 and resitting another A level at 2010 will look badly upon my application. Or will they just know about 2010 resit? (or both 2009 and 2010 resit)

Thank you so much.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UKgogoshing)
    Hi I'm an international student and I have just received my final A level grades (CIE) AABaab - my A(and a)'s are all in low 90's.

I have offers for accounting and finance at Manchester,Bristol and Nottingham. Although, I'm satisfied with these universities but I want to have a shot at oxford Economics and Management for 2011 entry.

So, my question is
    1. If I resit the "B"grade A level subject in 2010 June exam (results released august) and get an A with high80's or 90's will I have a decent chance at oxford? (assuming that my ps and interview goes fairly well)

2. How do univerisities know whether I have resat or not ?
    When I first sat my As level (2008 November ,here its 6months different compare to UK system) I didn't do so well therefore I resat couple of As level at 2009 june and sat my A level exams at nov 2009. So my worry is that I already resat some As level at 2009 and resitting another A level at 2010 will look badly upon my application. Or will they just know about 2010 resit? (or both 2009 and 2010 resit)

Thank you so much.
    Resitting should not hugely impact your application and it has been done, but many universities will look down on qualifications that were done in multiple sittings compared to doing them all at once and so may expect more of you. You have a chance, but it would not be a certainty of course.

In answer to your other question, they will know because you have to declare the date that you obtained your qualification on your UCAS form, so you will presumably have them spread between 2008 and 2010.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.