Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Football V Girlfriend on Valentines watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Personally, I'd tell me boyfriend to go to the football and I would 100% mean it.
    Yes, it would be to make him happy, but what is Valentine's Day about if not that?

ReputationRep:
    My bf really wanted to go to a gig last year on Valentines and loads of his mates already had tickets. He asked me and I said I didn't mind him going (I did, but only for a bout 5 mins til I realised him moping all evening would mean a **** Valentines Day for me). I also said he'd have to take me out and 'wine and dine' me the day after to make up for it :p:

It was fine, he had a good night, I nearly went to the gig with him (his suggestion) but actually had an assignment due so I did that and we enjoyed a postponed Valentines together!

So, if you get tickets and you promise to make it up to her then she probs won't mind but if it's just watching footy on the TV I think she'd go nuts!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Anon please because she is on here. She will probably realise it is me anyway though.

My football club has a big game on Valentines weekend. I really want to go (will be my first away game too). However, of course, it is valentines day on the Sunday. My girlfriend has said she doesn't mind me going, however, I am unsure if she is saying this just to make me happy, or if she really doesn't mind.

I really want to go to the game, but I really want to be with my gf on valentines day too (and I can't really do both because of the distance).

Any advice from the girls here? (would you really mind, or be understanding, or say "ok" just so your bf would be happy).
    Thanks.

(and to a certain someone - if you do see this, I really don't know what to do lol).
    Ha this sounds to me like a female troll

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Roobsa)
    what you should do is pretend you're going to the game then surprise her on valentines day at her house.
    That'd be awesome :love:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lookitsdanhunt)
    But it is for the girls really
    LIES!
    It's for girls with boyfriends, single girls hate it to

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Anon please because she is on here. She will probably realise it is me anyway though.

My football club has a big game on Valentines weekend. I really want to go (will be my first away game too). However, of course, it is valentines day on the Sunday. My girlfriend has said she doesn't mind me going, however, I am unsure if she is saying this just to make me happy, or if she really doesn't mind.

I really want to go to the game, but I really want to be with my gf on valentines day too (and I can't really do both because of the distance).

Any advice from the girls here? (would you really mind, or be understanding, or say "ok" just so your bf would be happy).
    Thanks.

(and to a certain someone - if you do see this, I really don't know what to do lol).
    There are only two things in life you can't change: your mother and your football team. Those who don't understand, don't matter.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lu-x)
    That'd be awesome :love:
    it would be awesome, but i don't have a girlfriend and i don't like football so...:dontknow: :p:

ReputationRep:
    You can go and watch football anytime. Is a special day of the year you should spent it with your girlfriend. She says it's ok for you to go but, any future agruements this would be brought up.

I'd definitely say, "Oh... OK then, fine", but really be FURIOUS. Like I am anytime he cancels on me for football. It's SO not fine, but I've got to respect the fact he's a football fan. I'd rather be annoyed for 90 minutes than start some ridiculous argument over something so petty.

ReputationRep:
    Ideally, I'd love a girl who loves the football too. :p: But given the choice, even as a football nut, well, there's always football on. Might not always be someone special in your life.

Football could go **** itself tbh for someone I'd care about.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by melsney21)
    You can go and watch football anytime. Is a special day of the year you should spent it with your girlfriend. She says it's ok for you to go but, any future agruements this would be brought up.
    this post is a load of bollox tbf

yes you can go watch football at anytime granted but you cant go and watch that particular game, just say your team was in the cup final one season, they might not get into the final for the next 10 years whereas poxy valentines day happenes EVERY year

so i think youve got that the wrong way round love

ReputationRep:
    Valentine's Day = not a big deal, really.

If you're in a relationship, it's just pressure to do something special.
    If you're not and you want to be, you just feel crap.

To my mind, if you're in a happy relationship, you're probably doing romantic/thoughtful stuff for each other on a fairly regular basis anyway, so why is there an actual calendar-designated day for this? You'll have anniversaries and stuff, presumably...?

I don't think me and the boy are going to do anything special, there wouldn't be much point as he's pretty romantic and thoughtful most of the time. I'd feel like a ***** expecting any more from him...I'm either very lucky, or very easily pleased...!
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    She's saying it to make you happy.

(Original post by gutterflower_19)
    Valentine's Day = not a big deal, really.

If you're in a relationship, it's just pressure to do something special.
    If you're not and you want to be, you just feel crap.

To my mind, if you're in a happy relationship, you're probably doing romantic/thoughtful stuff for each other on a fairly regular basis anyway, so why is there an actual calendar-designated day for this? You'll have anniversaries and stuff, presumably...?

I don't think me and the boy are going to do anything special, there wouldn't be much point as he's pretty romantic and thoughtful most of the time. I'd feel like a ***** expecting any more from him...I'm either very lucky, or very easily pleased...!

OMG are you my mind twin? :lolwut: I agree with every word of that. I won't even see my bf on Valentines coz its a sunday. He works all day and then has an evening with his family. I'm not too bothered though tbh. I'm used to not seeing him much now.

ReputationRep:
    how far a distance are we talking here.. never be too quick to beleive a girl who says it's fine.... but I'm cynical as hell :laugh:

valentines day is more for new couples I reckon.. although some girls like a fuss for it. you know her best..

ReputationRep:
    It depends how much the day means to her. Personally, it means a lot to me so I'd feel really ****** if I was her.

I suppose I'm coming from a LDR point of view though so might feel different about it. I just know I'd hate being alone on Valentines day while everyone went out with their partner. (As I will this Valentines say anyway, but due to distance.)

:dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    PLAN

Book a nice hotel or B&B at the city where your team is playing.
    Take her there on the Saturday night to spoil her, then go see the match together on the Sunday :'D

Everyone is happy!

ReputationRep:
    bros b4 hoes

ReputationRep:
    If my boyfriend wanted to do this I'd insist on coming, regardless of whether it was Valentine's or not. I just like football

But seriously, if she says she doesn't mind then take the opportunity and have another special day on a different weekend. Just make sure you make it up. I'm sure she'll understand

ReputationRep:
    I personally find Valentine's day to be stupid. I mean who needs a day to express their love?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 30, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.