Turn on thread page Beta

Football V Girlfriend on Valentines watch

ReputationRep:
    It would bother me but I wish I could be like all the other girls on here!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Loz17)
    OMG are you my mind twin? :lolwut: I agree with every word of that. I won't even see my bf on Valentines coz its a sunday. He works all day and then has an evening with his family. I'm not too bothered though tbh. I'm used to not seeing him much now.
    Yes I am your mind twin :p:

I just don't see why people think "aww we HAVE to do something, it's Valentine's Day" (maybe in LDRs it can be excused)...i just think well, you're in a relationship, you know you like each other, presumably you're nice to each other as a rule anyway...what's the big deal?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Advanced Subsidiary)
    Football > Girlfriend.

It's only 90 minutes.
    marry me?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bourney)
    If its the Southampton Portsmouth match, go to it.
    I agree with this person :awesome: as that will be the big match of the weekend. Though the OP said it's in London, so

Either way, OP, I would go as you really want to, and do something the other day of the weekend or on Friday/Monday? If she loved you that much she wouldn't mind that, surely.

(Original post by gutterflower_19)
    Yes I am your mind twin :p:

I just don't see why people think "aww we HAVE to do something, it's Valentine's Day" (maybe in LDRs it can be excused)...i just think well, you're in a relationship, you know you like each other, presumably you're nice to each other as a rule anyway...what's the big deal?!
    Yea I don't think LDR's come into this. I think it is a rather large moneymaking scheme. Although for some people it may work wonders as they can use it as an excuse to some time together and what not. But atm I'd rather not have 1 day a year where I could spoil my bf and show him how much I love him when there are 364 other days that I could do that in a year

:five:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gingergooner)
    marry me?
    taken lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Advanced Subsidiary)
    taken lol
    Oh come on, you know you want to leave them for some random strange man on the internet surely? :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Go out on the friday or Saturday night. Dont feel the need to conform to the date if it doesnt work for you both this year. She should just be pleased that your enjoying something else.. for YOU.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ash-corbett-collins)
    Whilst I'd love to say go to the game, I know that any girl would be furious over this! Is it on tele? If it is, make an agreement that you'll make V.Day good, but you get those two hours to watch the game.
    These girls need a slap. Men have priorites, and at those two crucial hours in the week, girls dont feature. I accept this, others need to also.

ReputationRep:
    Just go, im sure you can show how much you love her the day after

ReputationRep:
    I let my boyfriend play football on Valentines day last year.. didn't even see him.

Didn't bother me, because he actually asked, rather than just buggaring off.
    Ask her.

Offer the alternative of an even better night out the weekend after.

ReputationRep:
    If you're playing in the game, I'd forgive you.

If by 'your club' and 'your first away game' you mean the team support, I'd strangle you for picking football over me :eek3:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gingergooner)
    Oh come on, you know you want to leave them for some random strange man on the internet surely? http://static.thestudentroom.co.uk/i...milies/yep.gif
    hah naww we're perfectly fine.

Nice try though =]

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stalin)
    What if she's cheating on him...

Now look what you've done...
    HAHAA stalin!!

i know if my boyfriend had said this to me I'd say exactly the same thing 'ok do what you want' but secretly sulk. Personally I think you should go to the game but because she'd be 'sulking', spoil her rotten before/after the game. Let's be fair though...I think you've already made up your mind what you going to do lol...:p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pinklemonade-xo)
    These girls need a slap. Men have priorites, and at those two crucial hours in the week, girls dont feature. I accept this, others need to also.
    This! It happens to me, the guy i'm with must see the football. it's a guy thing really and it's only 90 minutes so it's all good.

ReputationRep:
    I'd be disappointed but accept it.

If you're going to go, send her a huge bunch of roses on the day with a nice message.

If you're not going to go, pretend you are then suprise her

ReputationRep:
    Personally, I'd say:

Morons, choose football!
    Everyone else, choose girlfriend!

Football can be taped or seen online (and frequently WITHOUT commercials!)
    Hurt a girls feelings and make her feel not-your-top-priority, there might be prices to pay.

Most of all, TALK to your girlfriend to see if it would hurt her! Different girls have different opinions :O! (Stating the obvious)
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Take her? If it meant I got to spend the day with my boyf I'd go to the football with him (and I dislike football - as I proved earlier :awesome: haha) Otherwise if she says it's ok and she means it just go. I wouldn't be THAT bothered. It's only Valentine's Day and there are plenty of other days you can express your love for each other... aha.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ash-corbett-collins)
    Whilst I'd love to say go to the game, I know that any girl would be furious over this! Is it on tele? If it is, make an agreement that you'll make V.Day good, but you get those two hours to watch the game.

no just no, not true at all

i for one wouldnt be, i would actually want to go with him because i love football so dont group all girls together

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ken321)
    Personally, I'd say:

Morons, choose football!
    Everyone else, choose girlfriend!

Football can be taped or seen online (and frequently WITHOUT commercials!)
    Hurt a girls feelings and make her feel not-your-top-priority, there might be prices to pay.

Most of all, TALK to your girlfriend to see if it would hurt her! Different girls have different opinions :O! (Stating the obvious)

so NOT the same thing

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 30, 2010
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.