The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Advanced Subsidiary
This! It happens to me, the guy i'm with must see the football. it's a guy thing really and it's only 90 minutes so it's all good.

and girl
Reply 81
tinktinktinkerbell
so NOT the same thing

Still, OP asks for my opinion!
My opinion: Girlfriend >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> football.
Ken321
Still, OP asks for my opinion!
My opinion: Girlfriend >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> football.

well i didnt say you couldnt have your opinion i just said taping so isnt the same thing

either way you must not be a big football fan
Reply 83
tinktinktinkerbell
well i didnt say you couldnt have your opinion i just said taping so isnt the same thing

either way you must not be a big football fan

Nope :|. I understand that some guys out there crave football.
But I'd rather spend some time with my girlfriend. Maybe watch a movie :smile:.

IDK, to be fair, I just want/hope OP to go for the girlfriend :smile:.
(Plus, his girlfriend would know what kind of sacrifice (90 minutes of football would be like gold to the OP!) he'd make just to spend time with her on Valentine's Day).

And I think that would be a plus in their relationship :p: .
Ken321
Nope :|. I understand that some guys out there crave football.
But I'd rather spend some time with my girlfriend. Maybe watch a movie :smile:.

IDK, to be fair, I just want/hope OP to go for the girlfriend :smile:.
(Plus, his girlfriend would know what kind of sacrifice (90 minutes of football would be like gold to the OP!) he'd make just to spend time with her on Valentine's Day).

And I think that would be a plus in their relationship :p: .

i hope he chooses the football lol
tinktinktinkerbell
and girl

Support Newcastle?
Advanced Subsidiary
Support Newcastle?

of course :biggrin:
Advanced Subsidiary
hah naww :wink: we're perfectly fine.

Nice try though =]

Dammit and here I thought I was being persuasive.
Holly Hiskey
LIES!
It's for girls with boyfriends, single girls hate it to

Ok, to edit.

It's for girls in relationships.
Anonymous
Anon please because she is on here. She will probably realise it is me anyway though.

My football club has a big game on Valentines weekend. I really want to go (will be my first away game too). However, of course, it is valentines day on the Sunday. My girlfriend has said she doesn't mind me going, however, I am unsure if she is saying this just to make me happy, or if she really doesn't mind.

I really want to go to the game, but I really want to be with my gf on valentines day too (and I can't really do both because of the distance).

Any advice from the girls here? (would you really mind, or be understanding, or say "ok" just so your bf would be happy).
Thanks.

(and to a certain someone - if you do see this, I really don't know what to do lol).

depends what game it is :smile:
Reply 90
Go to the football ... imagine it was a 6-5 epic with a last min winner for your team?? no amount of loving can make up for that .... there are always other weekends/ days to see your girl ... football is once a week
linkdapink
Ditch her on Valentines Day for football and she will hate you forever.

EDIT: Take her to the game. She'll hate you, but a bit less. Then you can treat her later on that day.

This. I would say to my boyfriend that he could go, and I'd be happy if he won/had a good time, but to be honest, I'd probably be a bit miffed/disheartened at not seeing him on Valentines.
Reply 92
RamocitoMorales
The football game is for 90 minutes, your girlfriend is forever until you come.

:yep:
What I have learned from this thread:

1. Only guys like football
2. Furthermore, there are no guys who don't like football
3. It is inconceivable that this situation would ever happen the other way around
4. People who make a big fuss on Valentine's Day - one insignificant day out of the year - love each other more than people who don't
5. The OP clearly doesn't love his girlfriend because this game happens to clash with this one day out of the year
6. Girls who kick off over this are in no way insecure and needy

Thanks for clearing this up guys, I'd be lost without you
missimpossible
What I have learned from this thread:

1. Only guys like football
2. Furthermore, there are no guys who don't like football
3. It is inconceivable that this situation would ever happen the other way around
4. People who make a big fuss on Valentine's Day - one insignificant day out of the year - love each other more than people who don't
5. The OP clearly doesn't love his girlfriend because this game happens to clash with this one day out of the year
6. Girls who kick off over this are in no way insecure and needy

Thanks for clearing this up guys, I'd be lost without you

Your welcome, anytime :smile:
Reply 95
You can show love to your girlfriend any time of the year.

This match is like, once. If she doesn't understand and thinks it means you don't love her then...that's just ridiculous.
You reckon you have it tough?

One of my mates chose to go and see the Chuckle Brothers live rather than spend Valentine's Day with his girlfriend. He was 16. :lolwut:
Nadinus
You can show love to your girlfriend any time of the year.

This match is like, once. If she doesn't understand and thinks it means you don't love her then...that's just ridiculous.

Yeah, but women don't think that it's all a load of materialistic ******** made up by the government in order to con people out of their hard-earned money by buying bears with hearts on them and other ****.

They see it as "aww, how cute!"

Oh yes. I am good at generalising. :h:
tbh you should prioritise your gf over footie, especially on Valentine's Day (yuck).
Reply 99
Any girl who says its ok for her boyfriend to do something when she doesn't mean it and has a go at him later is a bitch.
She said its ok, so go.
If shes not ok then its her fault for lying.
Not all girls are crazy and not all girls care about valentines day.
You have 364 other days of the year to spend time with her/buy her gifts/celebrate your love for each other.

Latest

Trending

Trending