Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I got offers from both of them. Goldsmiths ABB , Sussex ABB-AAC.
    Just wanted to hear peoples oppinion which uni they prefer. I heard a lot of good about History of Art in Goldsmiths and apparently it is quite strong institution but i struggle to find any oppinions on History of Art course in Sussex. Is it any good? Which uni would you prefer accademicaly?
    According to Times Uni Rankings for History of Art couse Sussex uni is rated to be number 8 and Goldsmiths - 18.

I personally lean towards Goldsmiths because i really want to be in London + i think becouse of the amount of art gelleries in London it is the best place to be if doing History of Art. As well as more opportunities to gain some work experience in the area while doing the course.

But Brighton is also a nice town and i have most of my friends there. It also only 40 minutes train ride away from London so if Sussex uni is so much better i might consider going there.........:eek3:

Which uni would you prefer?

Thanks for your help.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vlado4ka)
    I got offers from both of them. Goldsmiths ABB , Sussex ABB-AAC.
    Just wanted to hear peoples oppinion which uni they prefer. I heard a lot of good about History of Art in Goldsmiths and apparently it is quite strong institution but i struggle to find any oppinions on History of Art course in Sussex. Is it any good? Which uni would you prefer accademicaly?
    According to Times Uni Rankings for History of Art couse Sussex uni is rated to be number 8 and Goldsmiths - 18.

The league table ranking alone does not mean very much.

You can work out from the detailed figures why G is lower than S. In my subject it seems to be partly on UCAS points per student, but i get the feeling these are very out of date and also a bit irrelevant because they do not apply to mature students and non-british students so well - and there are lots of those at G I am told. Also the spend per student is quite low at G - I think because it is a small, mainly arts university, with no big science departments which would push the spend per student up. So they end up being much more the same.

I also like that from next year G is going to be much closer to central London because of the improvements to the tube line. Maybe 10-20 minutes?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 27, 2010

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.