Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm in A2 and i cannot wait to leave college.. i'm so sick of it!

i hate my lessons (photography is alright but can't stand business studies and can just about take english lit/lang).. i hate the teachers.. i hate some of the students lol.. just hate everything!

most of my friends feel the same way and a few have dropped out but i don't wanna do that because i'll just be wasting my life

anyone else just can't wait to leave college and start uni :woo: ??

ReputationRep:
    Saaaaaaaaaame! I study Law, English lit and politics
    The only lesson I enjoy is Politics, I'm only staying because theres like 4 -5 months left! And if I want to go to Uni to study Politics after my gap year, I'm gonna need to stay

Even though I HATE it its worth just sicking it out

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by missmo)
    I'm in A2 and i cannot wait to leave college.. i'm so sick of it!

i hate my lessons (photography is alright but can't stand business studies and can just about take english lit/lang).. i hate the teachers.. i hate some of the students lol.. just hate everything!

most of my friends feel the same way and a few have dropped out but i don't wanna do that because i'll just be wasting my life

anyone else just can't wait to leave college and start uni :woo: ??
    What do you hope to do at University?

ReputationRep:
    i feel the same

ReputationRep:
    I think you're with 90% of the population of college students there. Personally, I love two out of three of my subjects, but I still can't wait to leave. I just feel like I'm studying to pass exams rather than for the actual knowledge of the subjects. Though I'm not getting my hopes up about Uni too much, or I may be disappointed.

ReputationRep:
    By the way, don't go to Uni expecting to lay around all day and go to one lecture a day, because you'll be disappointed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Who2004uk)
    What do you hope to do at University?
    fashion management

ReputationRep:
    I don't think uni is going to be all hunky dory but it's gonna be a new start for me because i'm moving out, going to be study what i love and have more freedom...hopefully...

ReputationRep:
    I can't wait to leave either, I'm sick of doing three different subjects - I can't wait to just do the one I love!
    New start as well, make new friends.
    College is just dragging on at the moment, I'm literally counting the days until half term!

ReputationRep:
    I like it much more than school, but god the pressure is killing me lol (I go to an FE college (different system up here) which have some of the most awful teachers! lol)

ReputationRep:
    fashion management
    I mean, that roughly translates as business studies? You hate it?

http://www.fashion.arts.ac.uk/ba_fas...anagement.htm#

ReputationRep:
    I mean, that roughly translates as business studies? You hate it?

http://www.fashion.arts.ac.uk/ba_fas...anagement.htm#
    i don't hate the subject, i hate the lesson. i got stupid teachers and the people in the class just don't give a ****. plus fashion management is more fashion-y

i know what the course, duh, otherwise i wouldn't have applied for it :P

ReputationRep:
    :console: At least you've got university next year to look forward to

ReputationRep:
    i don't hate the subject, i hate the lesson. i got stupid teachers and the people in the class just don't give a ****. plus fashion management is more fashion-y

i know what the course, duh, otherwise i wouldn't have applied for it :P
    Pardon me then, however I do think your going to be in for one hell of a shock. The course is going to mainly be about business, I'm just questioning whether you have a passion for the course you want to do. I'm 21 and doing an access course after not really knowing what I wanted to do at 17/18. Now the course I'm on is full of people not giving a **** and teaching isn't great, however I love Sociology and this sees me through.

Clearly you love fashion, why do something to do with fashion rather than business. Don't be fooled into thinking 'fashion management' is as glam as fashion itself.

ReputationRep:
    Pardon me then, however I do think your going to be in for one hell of a shock. The course is going to mainly be about business, I'm just questioning whether you have a passion for the course you want to do. I'm 21 and doing an access course after not really knowing what I wanted to do at 17/18. Now the course I'm on is full of people not giving a **** and teaching isn't great, however I love Sociology and this sees me through.

Clearly you love fashion, why do something to do with fashion rather than business. Don't be fooled into thinking 'fashion management' is as glam as fashion itself.
    I know it's not just fashion but i want to do it business but fashion based

i did a course at LCF on fashion management and it was more business based than fashion

its the people at college ruining business 4 me, rather than the actual subject itself.

ReputationRep:
    I know it's not just fashion but i want to do it business but fashion based

i did a course at LCF on fashion management and it was more business based than fashion

its the people at college ruining business 4 me, rather than the actual subject itself.
    You did a course at the LCF? Your at college now?

ReputationRep:
    You did a course at the LCF? Your at college now?
    it was a summer school course

ReputationRep:
    Erghh I HATE college so much, this is my thrird year aswell. I can't wait to start uni, doing the one subject I love. I just hope I'll like it more than college , I'm sure I will.

ReputationRep:
    Yuup - I really wanna change in my life..plus all boys school since like 4 is NOT THE ONE!!

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 17 Oct '18
  • Northumbria University
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 17 Oct '18
  • Staffordshire University
    Nursing and Midwifery Undergraduate
    Wed, 17 Oct '18
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.