The Student Room Group

Exremely worried!!!

Ok, so I've sent my UCAS application off, but when i was filling in my qualifications I couldn't find my GCSE certificates to input the correct grades, although I knew what i had got, i later found my certificates and notices that i'd put a wrong GCSE grade on my application. Is this a massive problem? How do i correct it? I only sent my application on the 22nd so is it not too late to email my choices? or do i have to contact UCAS aswell? Thanks for any help!
Reply 1
Phone ucas and ask them, they will know.
MiniMac
Ok, so I've sent my UCAS application off, but when i was filling in my qualifications I couldn't find my GCSE certificates to input the correct grades, although I knew what i had got, i later found my certificates and notices that i'd put a wrong GCSE grade on my application. Is this a massive problem? How do i correct it? I only sent my application on the 22nd so is it not too late to email my choices? or do i have to contact UCAS aswell? Thanks for any help!

When you've recieved your initial entry letter from UCAS (I forget what its called, the one which says they have processed the application and sent it to your universities) contact the relevant departments of the different universities and tell them what has happened and ask them to amend your application.

As long as you correct it as soon as you're aware of it (ie: now) then it should not be a problem (beyond you looking slightly stupid but you can deal with that!) but do this now otherwise you'll run into problems if they start considering your application and give you an offer based on incorrect grades.