Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Are you still able to able to do dentistry if you don't get the required grades? Like are you able to resit in the summer or do you have to get the grades on the first try? Because I have a feeling I have done quite badly in these January exams? If I don't get the grades does that mean dentistry is closed off to me entirely?

ReputationRep:
    I don't want to answer this because I'm not sure, but I'm going to watch this topic closely. It relates to me too.

ReputationRep:
    Not sure this thread also relates to me

ReputationRep:
    yes u can re apply... retake some modules... they will ask for AAA instead of normal offer of AAB.

ReputationRep:
    this applies to me, so shall watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RatherRachel)
    Are you still able to able to do dentistry if you don't get the required grades? Like are you able to resit in the summer or do you have to get the grades on the first try? Because I have a feeling I have done quite badly in these January exams? If I don't get the grades does that mean dentistry is closed off to me entirely?
    Most dental uni's require you to get at least AAB in two years, you can still apply if you retake years but it will be harder to get in and you may not even be called to interview.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bds007)
    Most dental uni's require you to get at least AAB in two years, you can still apply if you retake years but it will be harder to get in and you may not even be called to interview.
    What happens if you retake January modules in June? Would that harm your chances and make them reject you because you did not get the grades on the first sitting or does first sitting just apply to the whole year?

ReputationRep:
    What happens if you retake January modules in June? Would that harm your chances and make them reject you because you did not get the grades on the first sitting or does first sitting just apply to the whole year?
    I believe that's fine, because unit retakes are fine! As long as it is done in the normal 2 year period!
    Good luck.

ReputationRep:
    Doesn't matter how many resits you do as long as its in the two year period

ReputationRep:

As long as you do the A=levels within two years you are fine (you can resit as many times as you want within the two years). You get into problems if you take longer than the two years.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 29, 2010
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.