Turn on thread page Beta

How dangerous is London? Going by UK show Adulthood... watch

ReputationRep:
    **** london, come to glasgow

ReputationRep:
    Bow??! Haha! Don't make me laugh!
    Know quite a few people that have been held up at knife point at bow, although you're probably right, i should've just said "East London" as a whole.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LosNelski90)
    If you're from the States, then the gang violence here is nothing compared to the likes of the Brotherhood, Crips/Bloods, Mexican Cartels etc etc...
    However, some areas can get pretty tasty at night so here's the ones you need to avoid if you hope to still have your wallet and phone at the end of a hard day at uni...

1. South London: CROYDON/BRIXTON/ROTHERHITHE
    2. West London: HAYES END/WHITE CITY/WEMBLEY
    3. East London: HACKNEY/ILFORD/MILE END/ BOW
    4. North London: TOTTENHAM/EDMONTON/BARNET
    Yeah, avoid the whole of Croydon, it's not exactly big or anything... :rolleyes:

And Mile End is fine ffs, and Bow... seriously someone needs to do their homework.

I'm sitting in Mile End right now.

ReputationRep:
    If you're from the States, then the gang violence here is nothing compared to the likes of the Brotherhood, Crips/Bloods, Mexican Cartels etc etc...
    However, some areas can get pretty tasty at night so here's the ones you need to avoid if you hope to still have your wallet and phone at the end of a hard day at uni...

These aer the roughest areas probably but they're still pretty tame...

ReputationRep:
    **** london, come to glasgow
    LOOOOOL. He wont make it out of Glasgow Terminal!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rubyjane)
    It's exaggerated. I walk alone in the dark in all parts of London all the time (I'm a young female) and I'm absolutely fine.
    As long as you don't act like a stupid **** you'll be fine.
    And also, if you have dodgy, semi-racist views like that, avoid everywhere in London, cos everyone will hate you.
    ->:yep:

You forgot to add Lewisham, Peckham and Camberwell.

ReputationRep:
    Also, Croydon is definitely not London. What tourist would ever go to Croydon? Actually, who would ever go to Croydon? I've lived in London my entire life and I've never once been to Croydon. N19 all the way.

ReputationRep:
    London is the only place where someone has attempted to rob my car. That didn't even happen when I left it overnight in Liverpool.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, avoid the whole of Croydon, it's not exactly big or anything...

And Mile End is fine ffs, and Bow... seriously someone needs to do their homework.

I'm sitting in Mile End right now.
    Just going from things i've heard, i'm not an online correspondant reporting from Crimestoppers or anything, just I've heard rumours these areas can be somewhat dodgy.

ReputationRep:
    London is the only place where someone has attempted to rob my car. That didn't even happen when I left it overnight in Liverpool.
    You might've made it into the Guinness Book of Records there, you left a car overnight in Liverpool and not even the hubcaps were taken? Miracle, sheer bloody miracle there.

ReputationRep:
    You forgot to add Lewisham, Peckham and Camberwell.
    Peckham and Camberwell aren't that bad.

ReputationRep:
    Just going from things i've heard, just I've heard rumours these areas can be somewhat dodgy.
    So, you've never actually lived anywhere in East London?

:rolleyes:

Listen mate; I lived in Mile End last year - It's fine.
    I live in Hackney now (Granted a very nice part of Hackney, just above Victoria Park) - It's fine.
    Also, bear in mind Hackney goes all the way down to Shoreditch and Hoxton.

My flat mate has lived in Hackney his entire life and only ever been mugged in Richmond - twice. He's 34. \
    You can't just put pins in a map and say. "These areas are rough". You can run into trouble anywhere.

ReputationRep:

Barnet?!?!
    really?

i would have rated wood green or even enfield above barnet

ReputationRep:

WEMBLEY!????...Try Harlesden

ReputationRep:
    :lol: at the stabbing jokes. I live in a place that's sort of in Kent and Greater London, and it's fine here. Sure, you hear about crime and stuff, but that's pretty much the same everywhere. Just be careful and you should be OK

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adam G Manning)
    Avoid everywhere in London.
    You will get stabbed

I'm being stabbed right now.
    Lmfao.

ReputationRep:
    The places you should avoid probably aren't places you plan on going to if you were going to visit London anyway.
    Our immigrants are from everywhere. What a weird question! :lolwut:
    It is exaggerated. I've lived in London all my life (apart from the past 2 1/2 years for Uni) and I've never had any trouble personally. *touches wood*

ReputationRep:
    It's exaggerated. I walk alone in the dark in all parts of London all the time (I'm a young female) and I'm absolutely fine.
    As long as you don't act like a stupid **** you'll be fine.
    And also, if you have dodgy, semi-racist views like that, avoid everywhere in London, cos everyone will hate you.
    Where and when will you next be walking alone in the dark?

ReputationRep:
    Also, Croydon is definitely not London. What tourist would ever go to Croydon? Actually, who would ever go to Croydon? I've lived in London my entire life and I've never once been to Croydon. N19 all the way.
    I've always wondered why they have a tourist information centre right by the station. I mean do people go down to visit the Nestle factory?!

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.