Turn on thread page Beta

How dangerous is London? Going by UK show Adulthood... watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by az1992)
    Barnet?!?!
    really?

i would have rated wood green or even enfield above barnet
    I was reading through the list...think possibly. Then i read Barnet? Barnet is one of the nicest places i have ever been to. Never ever had problems there.

I live in enfield and i'll agree its worse than barnet, yet i don't think enfield/ edmonton belongs on that list, so Barnet definitely doesn't belong on that list.

(Original post by Adam G Manning)
    Avoid everywhere in London.
    You will get stabbed

I'm being stabbed right now.
    :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zedbrar)
    I was reading through the list...think possibly. Then i read Barnet? Barnet is one of the nicest places i have ever been to. Never ever had problems there.

I live in enfield and i'll agree its worse than barnet, yet i don't think enfield/ edmonton belongs on that list, so Barnet definitely doesn't belong on that list.
    Yeh same with Brixton, it's really a lovely place with a great community. It's a bit rough but... people just think BRIXTON OMG RIOTS OMG I'M GOING TO DIE OMG THAT BLACK RASTA IS GOING TO SHANK ME UP SO BAD. When they don't even live in London.

ReputationRep:
    Croydon/Hackney/Peckham bad places in London?

Come to Sutton ("South London") and get moved to, real quick.

:cool: :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yuppie20)
    anyway no one is hard down south so don't worry yourself.
    Except Northeners who have gone down South... :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lilymae)
    Yeh same with Brixton, it's really a lovely place with a great community. It's a bit rough but... people just think BRIXTON OMG RIOTS OMG I'M GOING TO DIE OMG THAT BLACK RASTA IS GOING TO SHANK ME UP SO BAD. When they don't even live in London.
    Loads of people in London go to Brixton for the Brixton academy and i've yet to hear of a problem. I guess during the 80's Brixton did have a bad reputation...but Brixton still has a bad name over 20years later.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zedbrar)

Exactly Barnet is really nice, Edmonton isn't bad its just because Tottenham is near it really and Enfield is nice too I've lived in both Enfield and Edmonton.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hoody555)
    London is the only place where someone has attempted to rob my car. That didn't even happen when I left it overnight in Liverpool.
    I was literally crying listening to the clip in your sig :rofl2:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Krow)
    Exactly Barnet is really nice, Edmonton isn't bad its just because Tottenham is near it really and Enfield is nice too I've lived in both Enfield and Edmonton.
    At least we managed to get a laugh from the list. I hope the poster intended it to be a joke. :p:

ReputationRep:
    London is incredibly dangerous

I was stabbed multiple times today on the way home from school in fact, then shot just before i got home/sarcasm

but srsly, it's all relative, some areas are rough and have more dodgy gangster types so may want to be avoided but if you can but to say "Just don't got to this or that area" is a bit silly, crime can be in ANY area so it doesn't even matter

Just stick up for yourself, don't do anything stupid and start on anyone and you'll be fine.... I've lived in Landan most of life and never had any serious trouble / fight / been mugged or anything so yeah..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sophyy)
    I was literally crying listening to the clip in your sig :rofl2:
    -Wipes tears with tissue.

I wish I was as cool as danny dumps. :puppyeyes:

ReputationRep:
    Don't worry, if you get attacked, our mayor, Boris Johnson will ride by on his bicycle to save you from any oiks harrassing you.

Trust me.

ReputationRep:
    -Wipes tears with tissue.

I wish I was as cool as danny dumps. :puppyeyes:
    doesn't everyone! I could never be that mean! :o:

ReputationRep:
    London can be dangerous, or feel threatening, make no mistake about that. The centre is fine, but London definitely has it's fair share of deprived areas where crime is a problem.

It also depends if you're a man or woman- some girls I know have been mugged multiple times.

You should avoid areas like Walthamstow, Manor House (Seven Sisters), large parts of Brixton, Peckham etc... not only because they are dangerous but also because they are quite frankly depressing sh1tholes.

If you keep to yourself you should be fine most of the time.

I lived in Mile End for a couple of months and didn't have too many problems- however, I should add that there is a certain feeling of menace there after dark, and girls I knew there had been mugged. When I was walking home once in nice office attire, I was spat at by a young guy with a pitbull...so yeah...while London isn't THAT dangerous it is not totally safe in many areas of the city.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sophyy)
    doesn't everyone! I could never be that mean! :o:
    Mean as in cheating or mean as in stitching someone into thinking they were going to get married? :rolleyes:

I could be that mean, shame about my complete lack of a radio studio.
    Let's make one :woo:

ReputationRep:
    At least we managed to get a laugh from the list. I hope the poster intended it to be a joke.
    Pretty much mate. It's funny that out of my entire list I made on the earlier post, the only one that's struck up any real convo is Barnet. The only question you get asked when you tread the murky streets of Barnet Copthall at night is...

ReputationRep:
    Mean as in cheating or mean as in stitching someone into thinking they were going to get married? :rolleyes:

I could be that mean, shame about my complete lack of a radio studio.
    Let's make one :woo:
    Don't get the point in cheating - but anyhow! I meant I couldn't stitch someone up!
    I've only got £2.50 to my name - not sure how good our radio station would be!

ReputationRep:
    It's like Northern Ireland.

There's not always bombs going off. Well, other than the one last week...

ReputationRep:
    It's not bad at all, provided you don't wander through Brixton with a white hood and a flaming cross.

ReputationRep:
    i assume it's just as dangerous as any other major city?

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.