Turn on thread page Beta
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    If anyone lives in, or is visiting Sheffield, go to Fancie. The praline cupcake is lovely!

ReputationRep:

:awesome:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by souldoubt)

:awesome:
    :drool:

ReputationRep:
    Made these for my boyfriend's birthday. Apologies for the bad quality, taken on my phone.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Smoosh)
    Made these for my boyfriend's birthday. Apologies for the bad quality, taken on my phone.

Ommg, Angry Birds :awesome:

ReputationRep:

WOW! Those are really really awesome!

How did you make the angry birds?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saffie)
    Arrrh they look SOOO good :coma:

ReputationRep:
    I'm baking for a charity fete on Saturday, so I'm making Oreo cupcakes from Cakecuccino, vegan raspberry and chocolate biscuits from Veganomicon and I'm not sure what else. Maybe marble cupcakes.

ReputationRep:
    Sorry, already started a thread on this, but I'm assuming that people on here might be able to help me more! I'm looking for a beginners piping set, and getting myself all confused. Can anyone recommend anything?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Razzberry)
    WOW! Those are really really awesome!

How did you make the angry birds?
    They're aero bubbles covered in ready to roll icing that I coloured

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by linkdapink)
    Sorry, already started a thread on this, but I'm assuming that people on here might be able to help me more! I'm looking for a beginners piping set, and getting myself all confused. Can anyone recommend anything?
    Always go Wilton :yy: I've had my piping set for... over 20 years (yeah, my Mum bought it to decorate my sister's first cake with!) and it's never rusted or gone wrong. http://www.cakecraftshop.co.uk/shop/2/81/168/index.htm I have the second set down; definitely an investment worth making if you're going to be doing quite a lot of icing. If not then the 7 piece set further down the page should be ok. Get some disposable icing bags too (from Sainsburies or a cake supply shop) and you're set!

When looking for an icing set, make sure you get at least one star tip and one writing/round tip. Can't go wrong!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by linkdapink)

(Original post by kiss_me_now9)
    Always go Wilton :yy: I've had my piping set for... over 20 years (yeah, my Mum bought it to decorate my sister's first cake with!) and it's never rusted or gone wrong. http://www.cakecraftshop.co.uk/shop/2/81/168/index.htm I have the second set down; definitely an investment worth making if you're going to be doing quite a lot of icing. If not then the 7 piece set further down the page should be ok. Get some disposable icing bags too (from Sainsburies or a cake supply shop) and you're set!

When looking for an icing set, make sure you get at least one star tip and one writing/round tip. Can't go wrong!
    Definitely agree with this, can't go wrong with a Wilton 1m, which I think you can buy from Hobbycraft. I also agree with the disposable bags, I buy really cheap ones from a local craft shop, I think that's the best way to do it

ReputationRep:
    Definitely agree with this, can't go wrong with a Wilton 1m, which I think you can buy from Hobbycraft. I also agree with the disposable bags, I buy really cheap ones from a local craft shop, I think that's the best way to do it
    Awesome! Thanks both of you for your help! I'll try and convince my boyfriend to take my to Hobbycraft and have a look!

P.S. I've ran out of rep, but I'll try and rep when I can!!!

P.P.S. Can you tell I'm excited lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by laxidasical)
    Mouth watering at just the thought of cupcakes...

So cute! ImageShack.us
    Aww so adorable too precious to eat but tempting!

ReputationRep:

Rainbow cupcakes :awesome: Blogpost coming!

ReputationRep:
    want some ideas but no idea where to start

ReputationRep:
    Hey all! I just created a new blog- yesterday- and was wondering if you could check it out and give me some feedback!

I know this is a cupcake thread: my blog has large cakes on and cupcakes too! More cupcakes to come though.. as I only made the blog yesterday I have just uploaded photos of things I have made in the last couple years!

Enjoy!

http://thesugarstrand.blogspot.com/

ReputationRep:
    :bump:

Anyone baked anything new which they would like to share?
    • TSR Support Team
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Wiki Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    PS Reviewer
    I haven't had time recently, but hopefully I will later next week

ReputationRep:
    new to this thread...not sure whether we're limited to cupcakes.... but i made an amazing banana loaf and lemon drizzle cake today! YUMMA

also my choccy cupcakes won a competition this summer

Poll
Do protests make a difference in political decisions?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.