Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AutVinceriAutMori)
    Cupcakes and cakes society thread! Anyone interested join
    I read this as cupsize and i was about to perv on you girls

ReputationRep:
    I used to bring cupcakes into school pretty much every week

This morning I baked up a batch of Nutella cupcakes with crushed Malteaser icing. Deeee-lish. Being unemployed and having received various cupcake cookbooks for Christmas, I've been making a LOT of them. That's my own recipe though.

If it gets approved, consider me a member (not THAT kind of member though...)

ReputationRep:
    Yes please, I just bought a book off Urban Outfitters on cupcakes. Omnomnom. ^.^

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pigwigeon)
    I used to bring cupcakes into school pretty much every week

This morning I baked up a batch of Nutella cupcakes with crushed Malteaser icing. Deeee-lish. Being unemployed and having received various cupcake cookbooks for Christmas, I've been making a LOT of them. That's my own recipe though.

If it gets approved, consider me a member (not THAT kind of member though...)
    OMG, Nutella and Maltesers, that sounds yummy!

ReputationRep:

Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moregano)

The first is really cool but whats up with the second pic? It looks like someone couldnt decide between 2 cakes so asked the baker to merge the two together.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jennie1987)
    The first is really cool but whats up with the second pic? It looks like someone couldnt decide between 2 cakes so asked the baker to merge the two together.
    It's meant to be a hat with Disney images underneath lol. It's a bit random but the detail's pretty impressive :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moregano)
    It's meant to be a hat with Disney images underneath lol. It's a bit random but the detail's pretty impressive :yep:
    Exceedingly random especially with such a detailed hat though i had guessed as much. You would like Ace of Cakes - ever seen it?

ReputationRep:
    Thanks to this thread, the calls of the chocolate chip cupcake downstairs are growing increasingly louder.

ReputationRep:
    Meeee!

Here are some delicious carrot cake cupcakes I baked.
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Keziah)
    Meeee!

Beautiful I love carrot cake, but never tried it in cupcake form :p:
    Whats in the icing?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AutVinceriAutMori)
    Beautiful I love carrot cake, but never tried it in cupcake form :p:
    Whats in the icing?
    It's mostly butter, cream cheese, and icing sugar. I think there might have been some lemon in there too. And then sprinkled with cinnamon.

ReputationRep:
    It's mostly butter, cream cheese, and icing sugar. I think there might have been some lemon in there too. And then sprinkled with cinnamon.
    Mmmm, all my favourite flavours :drool: I might make something like that this week :beard:

ReputationRep:
    Oh hello!

This is the soc for me!

I am planning to make these:

http://www.nigella.com/recipe/recipe...aspx?rid=12866

I have some pics of ones I made but am rubbish with technology.

ReputationRep:
    Which supermarket made cupcakes do you guys find the best?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lizfairy)
    Which supermarket made cupcakes do you guys find the best?
    I've never bought cupcakes before Although I have bought muffins from co-op, they're usually very nice

ReputationRep:
    I'm the cupcake queeeeen!
    My boyfriend bought me a cake tin in the shape of a giant cupcake which I am going to experiment with this weekend.
    I have cupcake themed:
    Tiffany charm
    Money pot
    Pyjamas
    Underwear
    Cake tins
    Boxes
    Mugs
    Notepads

Some of my cakes so far:

ReputationRep:
    Meeee!

recipe?

to all: post your fave recipes, and how about muffins? we should have some recipes for them!
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    http://www.hellocupcakebook.com/
    I love the cupcakes in that book. I bought the book but haven't had time to try any of them yet. Will post pics if i ever get a chance

ReputationRep:
    I'll join if it gets approved! I love making cupcakes. Unfortunately that's on hiatus at the moment due to diet.

Stupid diet. Bah!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 21, 2012
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.