The Student Room Group

Cupcake society

Scroll to see replies

AutVinceriAutMori
Cupcakes and cakes society thread! Anyone interested join

I read this as cupsize and i was about to perv on you girls :frown:
I used to bring cupcakes into school pretty much every week :smile:

This morning I baked up a batch of Nutella cupcakes with crushed Malteaser icing. Deeee-lish. Being unemployed and having received various cupcake cookbooks for Christmas, I've been making a LOT of them. That's my own recipe though.

If it gets approved, consider me a member (not THAT kind of member though...)
Reply 22
Yes please, I just bought a book off Urban Outfitters on cupcakes. Omnomnom. ^.^
pigwigeon
I used to bring cupcakes into school pretty much every week :smile:

This morning I baked up a batch of Nutella cupcakes with crushed Malteaser icing. Deeee-lish. Being unemployed and having received various cupcake cookbooks for Christmas, I've been making a LOT of them. That's my own recipe though.

If it gets approved, consider me a member (not THAT kind of member though...)

OMG, Nutella and Maltesers, that sounds yummy!
moregano

The first is really cool but whats up with the second pic? It looks like someone couldnt decide between 2 cakes so asked the baker to merge the two together.
Reply 26
Jennie1987
The first is really cool but whats up with the second pic? It looks like someone couldnt decide between 2 cakes so asked the baker to merge the two together.

It's meant to be a hat with Disney images underneath lol. It's a bit random but the detail's pretty impressive :yep:
moregano
It's meant to be a hat with Disney images underneath lol. It's a bit random but the detail's pretty impressive :yep:

Exceedingly random especially with such a detailed hat though i had guessed as much. You would like Ace of Cakes - ever seen it?
Reply 28
Thanks to this thread, the calls of the chocolate chip cupcake downstairs are growing increasingly louder. :frown:
Reply 29
Meeee!

Here are some delicious carrot cake cupcakes I baked. :smile:
Keziah
Meeee!

Beautiful :h: I love carrot cake, but never tried it in cupcake form :p:
Whats in the icing?
Reply 31
AutVinceriAutMori
Beautiful :h: I love carrot cake, but never tried it in cupcake form :p:
Whats in the icing?

It's mostly butter, cream cheese, and icing sugar. I think there might have been some lemon in there too. And then sprinkled with cinnamon. :smile:
Keziah
It's mostly butter, cream cheese, and icing sugar. I think there might have been some lemon in there too. And then sprinkled with cinnamon. :smile:

Mmmm, all my favourite flavours :drool: I might make something like that this week :beard:
Reply 33
Oh hello!

This is the soc for me!

I am planning to make these:

http://www.nigella.com/recipe/recipe_detail.aspx?rid=12866

I have some pics of ones I made but am rubbish with technology.
Which supermarket made cupcakes do you guys find the best?
lizfairy
Which supermarket made cupcakes do you guys find the best?

I've never bought cupcakes before :frown: Although I have bought muffins from co-op, they're usually very nice :h:
I'm the cupcake queeeeen!
My boyfriend bought me a cake tin in the shape of a giant cupcake which I am going to experiment with this weekend.
I have cupcake themed:
Tiffany charm
Money pot
Pyjamas
Underwear
Cake tins
Boxes
Mugs
Notepads

Some of my cakes so far:
Reply 37
Keziah
Meeee!

recipe? :smile:

to all: post your fave recipes, and how about muffins? we should have some recipes for them!
Reply 38
http://www.hellocupcakebook.com/
I love the cupcakes in that book. I bought the book but haven't had time to try any of them yet. Will post pics if i ever get a chance
I'll join if it gets approved! I love making cupcakes. Unfortunately that's on hiatus at the moment due to diet.

Stupid diet. Bah!

Quick Reply

Latest