The Student Room Group

Cupcake society

Scroll to see replies

Currently in the oven are White Russian cupcakes :biggrin: I was missing a few ingredients for regular choc-vanilla, so I threw the contents of my alcohol shelf in there...
I'm now eating 2 mini homemade vegan carrot and sultana cupcakes with vegan vanilla buttercream :P
CUPCAKES! :love:

If this gets approved, I'd LOVE to join! :biggrin:

These are some of my recent creations...

Lemon cupcake with lemon icing and white chocolate stars:

Spoiler

Vanilla cupcake topped with home made caramel, milk and dark chocolate, and caramel curls:

Spoiler

:smile:
I can never get buttercream icing right (love the shop-bought kind in cakes), does anyone have a foolproof receipe or secret tricks?
Jennie1987
I can never get buttercream icing right (love the shop-bought kind in cakes), does anyone have a foolproof receipe or secret tricks?

The only thing you really need is butter and lots of icing sugar, cream the butter first, then add the icing sugar and mix. then add a little bit of lemon juice/water/milk until it's just about spreadable :smile:
whitepearlbaby
The only thing you really need is butter and lots of icing sugar, cream the butter first, then add the icing sugar and mix. then add a little bit of lemon juice/water/milk until it's just about spreadable :smile:

But it never tastes sweet enough even with loads of sugar.. maybe im just too used to the shop kind
Jennie1987
But it never tastes sweet enough even with loads of sugar.. maybe im just too used to the shop kind

mine always tastes sickly sweet... You should have about 3-4 times more sugar than butter.
whitepearlbaby
mine always tastes sickly sweet... You should have about 3-4 times more sugar than butter.

I swear I do or even more!
CUPCAKE SOCIETY?!

I'm in!

I love making them, but what I love more, is eating them from here...

http://www.mollyscupcakes.com/home.php

They make it up as you want it, so you pick the 'base cake' (either plain sponge or filled center), and then the toppings you want.

My favorite cupcake from here is coconut cream, which I have topped with marshmallow fluff and hot fudge! :coma:

One of the things I'll miss most, when I move back to the UK, is Molly's Cupcakes.
pocketfulofposy
CUPCAKE SOCIETY?!

I'm in!

I love making them, but what I love more, is eating them from here...

http://www.mollyscupcakes.com/home.php

They make it up as you want it, so you pick the 'base cake' (either plain sponge or filled center), and then the toppings you want.

My favorite cupcake from here is coconut cream, which I have topped with marshmallow fluff and hot fudge! :coma:

One of the things I'll miss most, when I move back to the UK, is Molly's Cupcakes.

Marshmallow fluff, the kind thats sold in jars??? :drool: I absolutely love the stuff, but here in Brum its only available in few stores
Becca-Sarah
Currently in the oven are White Russian cupcakes :biggrin: I was missing a few ingredients for regular choc-vanilla, so I threw the contents of my alcohol shelf in there...

How did they turn out? What ingredients did you substitute for vanilla (vodka? :colone:)
whitepearlbaby

Jennie1987

Icing causes me a lot of problems too, too much sugar and its too sweet, too little and it looks a bit too oily :p: I found that lemon juice helps, gives it a little kick :smile: I als want to try a new tip, youghurt with butter and icing sugar, lets hope it wont curdle and would turn out to be ok
Get Cape.Wear Cape.Fly.
Approved yet?? :puppyeyes:

Not yet :sad: But do not lose faith in the power of cake :cake: :p:
AutVinceriAutMori
Not yet :sad: But do not lose faith in the power of cake :cake: :p:

You need like a load of posts (at least 8 pgs) first.
AutVinceriAutMori
Marshmallow fluff, the kind thats sold in jars??? :drool: I absolutely love the stuff, but here in Brum its only available in few stores

How did they turn out? What ingredients did you substitute for vanilla (vodka? :colone:)

Icing causes me a lot of problems too, too much sugar and its too sweet, too little and it looks a bit too oily :p: I found that lemon juice helps, gives it a little kick :smile: I als want to try a new tip, youghurt with butter and icing sugar, lets hope it wont curdle and would turn out to be ok

Yeh theres an american frosting recipe with flour (on a diff. laptop so cant link) that sounds good but i think buttercream is just against me - the corporate baking powers forcing it not to work so i have to buy.
Now that exams are over, there's only one thing to do...........

BAKEEEEEEEEE cupcakes!!! (and cookies...)
Get Cape.Wear Cape.Fly.

Im making pancakes tonight! :grin:
Get Cape.Wear Cape.Fly.

Go, go, go, but dont forget to describe your efforts to us :h:
Jennie1987
You need like a load of posts (at least 8 pgs) first.

Hah, at that rate, we will soon be a legitimate society, instead of undergound movement :colone:
Yeah, I think I would never nail buttercream icing, maybe your corporate conspiracy theory is right :sad: I often see egggs added to make it smooth, but I never use raw eggs.
AutVinceriAutMori
Go, go, go, but dont forget to describe your efforts to us :h:
Hah, at that rate, we will soon be a legitimate society, instead of undergound movement :colone:
Yeah, I think I would never nail buttercream icing, maybe your corporate conspiracy theory is right :sad: I often see egggs added to make it smooth, but I never use raw eggs.

Another conspiracy - why cant I make the fondant yolks from Cadbury's Creme Eggs?
Jennie1987
Another conspiracy - why cant I make the fondant yolks from Cadbury's Creme Eggs?

Thats not a conspiracy, its a trademark secret, no? like coca-cola recipe :p:
AutVinceriAutMori
Thats not a conspiracy, its a trademark secret, no? like coca-cola recipe :p:

They gave it to McDonalds for those heavenly Creme Egg McFlurries
Jennie1987
They gave it to McDonalds for those heavenly Creme Egg McFlurries

Pretty much every chocolate company gives in to rich Maccy D's :emo: I preferred caramel sundaes they serve :drool:

Quick Reply

Latest