Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moregano)
    Good job!
    Thanks! I'm planning on buying some edible glitters and other cute sprinkles when I next get paid so I can do some baking on my days off. Might try macaroons next, I'm terrible at cooking anything bar sweets and cakes, awful really!

I went to Selfridges today too and got some Lola's cupcakes, the mini ones - yum yum. Got the vanilla, chocolate, red velvet, rocky road, blueberry, carrot and orea flavours. Didn't eat them all myself obviously I only had the red velvet but it was nice!

ReputationRep:
    I'm making cupcakes for three friends' birthdays this weekend!

One wanted lemon cakes, so I think I'm going to do lemon drizzle cake but in cupcake form.
    Another wanted the same banoffee ones I made for him last year (small banana cakes, sliced horizontally, with toffee sauce and sliced banana).
    The third has asked for raspberry and white chocolate, so I think I'll do white choc chip cakes, cut out a bit from the middle and add raspberries cooked down with a bit of sugar to make a kind of jam), then vanilla butter icing with white chocolate grated on top.

Of course, this is the weekend before my finals start, but as usual I'm putting food first.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Keziah)
    I'm making cupcakes for three friends' birthdays this weekend!

One wanted lemon cakes, so I think I'm going to do lemon drizzle cake but in cupcake form.
    Another wanted the same banoffee ones I made for him last year (small banana cakes, sliced horizontally, with toffee sauce and sliced banana).
    The third has asked for raspberry and white chocolate, so I think I'll do white choc chip cakes, cut out a bit from the middle and add raspberries cooked down with a bit of sugar to make a kind of jam), then vanilla butter icing with white chocolate grated on top.

Of course, this is the weekend before my finals start, but as usual I'm putting food first.
    Lol wow A LOT to do before finals

ReputationRep:
    Anyone ever made the 5 minute cupcake? So yummy.

ReputationRep:
    Here's my day's work!

The ones at the back are raspberry and white chocolate. There was a bit of the raspberry sauce left, so I put a blob on top of the icing. It's a bit messy, but should be yummy.
    The middle ones are mini banana cakes. Tomorrow I'll slice them and put toffee sauce in the middle, and bananas. Going to do some with golden syrup instead of toffee sauce, because the toffee sauce contains milk, and there will be a couple of vegans at the party. The lemon ones are vegan too, but I thought I'd try to offer a bit more choice.
    The front ones are lemon drizzle. Looking slightly lopsided because I ate one (had to check they were ok, of course! :p: )
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SpokenWord)
    Anyone ever made the 5 minute cupcake? So yummy.
    Yes i have and they turned up rather nice although very filling, i found it better to not put it on for the full amount of time as they dry out really quickly so keep checking on them, plus mine always rise loads and stick to the roof of the microwave :p: so i have to keep opening the micowave for it to go down and then start cooking it a bit more.

I think i came across the recipe two years ago on Tsr the summer before i went uni, was brilliant to make while in halls just for some cake but i will say it isnt as good as one cooked in the oven but still really nice.

ReputationRep:
    Okay, no baking involved obviously but also no online recipe so need some commonsense help - I want to make chocolate frostie cakes and have the frosties and the chocolate but other than just melting bit by bit and adding frosties bit by bit I thought Id ask if anyone had a recipe with quantities?

ReputationRep:
    So this is what I have devised from Rice Crispy Cake recipes.
    1. Chocolate Frostie Cakes
    200g bar milk/dark chocolate
    30g butter/marg
    2 tbsp golden syrup
    75g cornflakes

2. Less Chocolatey Frostie Cakes
    75g marg/butter
    125g golden syrup
    125g dark/milk chocolate
    250g frosties
    3Tbsps cocoa powder, sieved

3. Mars Frostie Cakes
    2 oz hard margerine
    3 mars bars, chopped
    3.5oz rice crispies
    Milk Chocolate to melt for topping

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jennie1987)
    So this is what I have devised from Rice Crispy Cake recipes.
    1. Chocolate Frostie Cakes
    200g bar milk/dark chocolate
    30g butter/marg
    2 tbsp golden syrup
    75g cornflakes

2. Less Chocolatey Frostie Cakes
    75g marg/butter
    125g golden syrup
    125g dark/milk chocolate
    250g frosties
    3Tbsps cocoa powder, sieved

3. Mars Frostie Cakes
    2 oz hard margerine
    3 mars bars, chopped
    3.5oz rice crispies
    Milk Chocolate to melt for topping
    I have a recipe for honey puff cereal cakes if you are interested
    Brilliant recipes

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AutVinceriAutMori)
    I have a recipe for honey puff cereal cakes if you are interested
    Brilliant recipes
    Lol go ahead and post - useful for the future, atm I have about 800g of Dairy Milk and almost a full box of Frosties that have been sat on the shelf for months so have to make those first.

ReputationRep:
    Lol go ahead and post - useful for the future, atm I have about 800g of Dairy Milk and almost a full box of Frosties that have been sat on the shelf for months so have to make those first.
    ah, just need to get it of mother when she comes back. I desperately need to process some leftover Thorntons choclate, so need to find something along the triple choc lines :p:

ReputationRep:
    Just stumbled upon this thread! They all look scrumptious I made some plain vanilla frosted cupcakes with dinosaur sprinkles a couple of weeks ago.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_BIH3e6_1yl.../s1600/026.JPG

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by laura-rad)
    Just stumbled upon this thread! They all look scrumptious I made some plain vanilla frosted cupcakes with dinosaur sprinkles a couple of weeks ago.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_BIH3e6_1yl.../s1600/026.JPG
    They look yummy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by raisin.)
    i concur! they're ^^ so cute - om nom nom.
    'I CONCUR' LOL!!!

everytime i hear this i think of leonardo di caprio in catch me if you can. i can hear him saying it now :rolleyes:

i also love cake

ReputationRep:
    I made some more plain cupcakes this week - They're so boring, but so tasty! I'm desperate to try something new, though. Maybe some with strawberry jam in the middle? Would that work?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by whitepearlbaby)
    I made some more plain cupcakes this week - They're so boring, but so tasty! I'm desperate to try something new, though. Maybe some with strawberry jam in the middle? Would that work?
    Yeh that works and you can do it after baking or during with half batter in the case then a teaspoon of jam then more batter.

Or Jam Donut Cupcakes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by whitepearlbaby)
    strawberry jaaam or other filling type cakes work, its worth searching for a recipe
    Ortry mocha cupcakes, they are lovely and sweet (I should also learn to put less sugar than stated in recipe, they often turn out to be too sweet)

ReputationRep:
    Yeh that works and you can do it after baking or during with half batter in the case then a teaspoon of jam then more batter.

Or Jam Donut Cupcakes.
    The jam donut ones look yummyyyyyyyyyy :coma: Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    This thread is delicious.

I get paid on Friday and I'm going to go mad and bake loads of stuff!

ReputationRep:
    I made these the other day. My boyfriend just broke my piping bag, so awaiting a new one before I can do any more. I have so many recipes I want to try. I have a list of things I want to buy so I can make pretty things.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.