Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Quick Circuit training for home watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Okay what do you think of this simple circuit training workout that requires next to no equipment, ideal for the halls, I'm currently using this for fat burning and MMA for muscle toning

15 Y squats
    15 Knuckle Pushups
    15 Lunges
    15 Declined Pushups (I put my feet on my bed and my knuckles on the floor)
    100 Star Jumps/Jumping jacks or whatever they are called
    15 Mountain climbers

Repeat for an hour

This has worked for me in terms of getting a high calorie output. Any additions to increase cardio workout?

ReputationRep:
    wtf are ysquats :lolwut:

knuckle pushups :lolwut: don't sound healthy

decline pushups apparantly don't do much that you think.

Google rosstraining, he's got some neat stuff....

or you could do burpees tabata style

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emkayu)
    I'm currently using this for fat burning and MMA for muscle toning.

Repeat for an hour
    If you're training for MMA make the workout more intense and/or shorter to better replicate sparring conditions/demands.

Secondly fat loss comes primarily from cleaning up your diet.

Any additions to increase cardio workout?
    1) Focus on full body exercises and/or more intense variations (eg; burpees, dumbbell swings, dumbbell snatches, jumping lunges, plyometric pushups, etc)

2) Reduce the exercise base and shorten the transition between them (eg; 1 min burpees, 1 min mountain climbers, 1 min pullups, 1 min jumping lunges x 3, 4 or even 5 times)

Okay what do you think of this simple circuit training workout that requires next to no equipment
    A pair of adjustable dumbbells would be a good investment and/or a pullup bar to get more back work in and open up your options.

(Original post by cowsforsale)
    knuckle pushups :lolwut: don't sound healthy
    If you're a fighter they can help to strengthen the hands and reduce risk of injury.

(Original post by cowsforsale)
    Google rosstraining, he's got some neat stuff....

or you could do burpees tabata style
    Seconded.

ReputationRep:
    knuckle pushups strengthen your wrists and reduce risk of injury for strikes in fighting, I see what you mean to replicate sparring, I will try the 1 minute of each rather than counting the reps, My diet's pretty good in terms of calorie intake, low salt intake and large amounts of protein! I'm googling rosstraining right now

ReputationRep:
    okay so burpees look cool and jumping lunges, may help with my kicks. Pull up bar I agree would be a great investment, however is the tree in my backgarden just as useful? Because i've een using the same branch ever since I was 15 for pullups and suspension crunches.

ReputationRep:
    Okay what do you think of this simple circuit training workout that requires next to no equipment, ideal for the halls, I'm currently using this for fat burning and MMA for muscle toning

15 Y squats
    15 Knuckle Pushups
    15 Lunges
    15 Mountain climbers

Repeat for an hour

This has worked for me in terms of getting a high calorie output. Any additions to increase cardio workout?
    Dude Thats crazy! your going repeat that circuit for an hour?! like no stopping? Not even the best fighters at my boxing gym can do that circuit for 20 mins straight let alone 60 mins.

ReputationRep:
    Get a pair of 3kg-10kg weights depending on how strong YOU think you are. Do 3 minutes straight punches with them, maybe add a few hooks etc...and then at 3 minutes hold your arms straight out for another minute so they are at right angles with your torso.

Do that 3 times. You will feel it.

ReputationRep:

15 Y squats
    15 Knuckle Pushups
    15 Lunges
    15 Mountain climbers

Repeat for an hour

No such thing.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: May 9, 2010
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.