Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Actually.. hopefully this one will be a little different/less sickening (no guarantees).

I'm a girl. I've never given much thought to VD in fact I agree with many that it's kinda stupid. My opinion on it has, however, transformed favourably now that I actually have a bf to do the whole shebang with.

I'm not that fussed over valentine's - think it would be nice to go out for a meal or the cinema, something casually romantic.. then go home and have sex.

I suggested to my boyfriend that we don't buy presents or anything silly, and he agreed. However - HE CANNOT BE TRUSTED. Because any excuse to spend too much money on me and he's there, buying those expensive earrings.

"She's complaining that he buys her stuff?!?" I hear you cry. Well it's not like I don't like receiving gifts it's just I want to be fair - and it's not right him spending loads of money just cause he's a guy.

Now I'm in a pickle. Because :p: I anticipate him buying me something (not that I would be dissapointed if he didn't) and I feel in this instance I should buy him something back. Something small and nice - but then I'm kinda breaking the rules of an agreement I made right? And if he doesn't buy me something, and I buy him something.. then he'll be sad

I struggle buying him presents at the best of times. I only wanna be a good girlfriend :cry2:
    It's not like I can just buy him flowers or chocolates - he doesn't like those things :p:

I was thinking.. instead maybe I can just put on some surprise sexy lingerie.. and if he really has bought me some expensive present than I can pay for the meal/cinema? Then it will be a gift from me kind of.

Guys would this be enough to make you feel happy/loved? Is that a fair arrangement? I don't wanna be unfair or unloving. And I dunno.. valentine's isn't a big deal to me, but he's a bit of a romantic so maybe he sees it as some big deal (I would ask, but he would not confess).

Should I just stop worrying about it? :p:

Even if it wasn't valentine's he might buy me something and I would probably do the whole lingerie thing and we would probably still go to the cinema just cause we won't have seen each other in a while.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 27, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.