Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So how did people find it? Personally I thought the test was well written and there weren't any real surprises.

ReputationRep:
    I actually loved it
    Messed up the 6mark buffer question though...

ReputationRep:
    Omg i really disliked it!
    i was confident going in and came out like really annoyed
    Oh well resit much. :/!

ReputationRep:
    Ticked all the boxes, nothing out of left field, some pretty nice questions: I liked the final synthesis one! I checked all I could, really, and I'm fairly sure I got 75% +: so yeah. Felt like everything was in it, really, even a sneaky mention of chromatography.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StrawberryTart)
    I actually loved it
    Messed up the 6mark buffer question though...
    same!!

ReputationRep:
    :afraid:

I did good but bad.

:sad:

ReputationRep:
    what did ya get for the buffer qu?

ReputationRep:
    It was a bit weird for me. There were some really easy questions, and then a few questions where i doubt i got the right answer.

ReputationRep:
    Yeaaa everyone post their answers! Loved the paper.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah i felt it went really well; and a fair number of the questions were identical to ones in past papers i had studied over the last 2 days. Hopefully will have got 90% and maybe even 95%.
    just a check but are we allowed to talk about answers yet?

ReputationRep:
    has anybody got the chemistry unit 4 paper plz? wud b gd 4 revision 4 the summer

ReputationRep:
    it wont be released in print for a while yet, 6-9 months i think, but your school may still have a copy. Or do you just want links to all the past papers (there has only been 1 specimen paper released of the new syllabus)

ReputationRep:
    According to the blurb at the top, we can confer about AQA exams straight away

ReputationRep:
    Did everyone write about free-radical substitution for the first step in the last question?

I didn't. Feel so stupid now!!

ReputationRep:
    It was a very fair paper I think
    Still, messed up the buffer question :/ and didn't get chromatography down.
    Otherwise, just fine.

ReputationRep:
    sweeet. Then i got 3.79 for the pH of the buffer solution but only one of my friends got that answer - we're both pretty sure though.
    if anyone fancies iit i can talk through my method of the question cos i still remember it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CT.)
    It was a very fair paper I think
    Still, messed up the buffer question :/ and didn't get chromatography down.
    Otherwise, just fine.
    I wrote chromotography but surely fractional distillation would have been a perfectly suitable alternative (unless most amino acids have similar boiling points)?

ReputationRep:
    i got like ph12.43, pleaseeee explain

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BPat)
    Did everyone write about free-radical substitution for the first step in the last question?

I didn't. Feel so stupid now!!
    Yh i did. And then i added CN. But i didnt know where to go from there. But at least i got some of the marks.

I wish people didnt find this easy, it means that they wont put the grade boundaries down.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Funkachillislap)
    sweeet. Then i got 3.79 for the pH of the buffer solution but only one of my friends got that answer - we're both pretty sure though.
    if anyone fancies iit i can talk through my method of the question cos i still remember it.
    Oh yeah, please do. I'm pretty sure i didn't get 3.79.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.