Turn on thread page Beta

Just a quick question.... I will rep to the best answerererer... watch

ReputationRep:
    Define the tesla....

ReputationRep:
    Hybrid sports car that runs on loads of batteries, that actually is quite fast

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by resortini)
    Define the tesla....
    1 Tesla is the force 1 newton acting on a wire of length 1m , carrying a current of 1amp at right angles to the field

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jammie300)
    Hybrid sports car that runs on loads of batteries, that actually is quite fast
    haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rbnphlp)
    1 Tesla is the force 1 newton acting on a wire of length 1m , carrying a current of 1amp at right angles to the field
    But is it? Is it not Wbm-2 ... I am wondering which definition is preferable for my AQA Physics A spec but have looked around and can't find out which one I should use in the exam.

ReputationRep:
    Tesla is a lunar crater that is located on the Moon's far side, just to the southeast of the larger H. G. Wells. About one crater diameter to the southwest of Tesla is Kidinnu, and to the southeast is Van Maanen.

This is a circular, bowl-shaped feature. There are a pair of small craterlets in the southern inner wall, but the crater is otherwise free of overlapping craters of significance. Only a few tiny impacts mark the floor and remaining sides.

ReputationRep:
    But is it? Is it not Wbm-2 ... I am wondering which definition is preferable for my AQA Physics A spec but have looked around and can't find out which one I should use in the exam.
    wbm^-2 is an alternative unit for Tesla , but if some one asked me to define Tesla I would just write down what I just said.

ReputationRep:
    wbm^-2 is an alternative unit for Tesla , but if some one asked me to define Tesla I would just write down what I just said.
    fair enough... so basically definition of the tesla is the same as the definition of magnetic flux density?

ReputationRep:
    fair enough... so basically definition of the tesla is the same as the definition of magnetic flux density?
    Tesla is a unit of magnetic flux density the same as Newton is a unit of force.

Magnetic flux density can be thought of as the strength of a magnetic field

ReputationRep:
    Tesla is a unit of magnetic flux density the same as Newton is a unit of force.

Magnetic flux density can be thought of as the strength of a magnetic field
    you'd write the same for the definition of magnetic flux density though, that's what it is?

The Tesla is the SI unit of Flux Density. It is defined as "the force acting per unit current length", that is, the force acting per unit length on a wire carrying unit current, and is at right angles to the field.
    The equation is
    B = F/IL
    F=force in newton on the wire
    I is current in the wire (ampere)
    L is length of wire in metre

So Tesla is Newton per ampere per meter
    It measures the field strength for magnetic fields and is similar to gravitational field strength (force per unit mass) and electric field strength (force per unit charge).

ReputationRep:
    tesla:the unit of magnetic flux density; the magnetic flux density that produces a force of 1 N on each metre length of wire carrying a current of 1A perpendicular to the magnetic field

ReputationRep:
    Magnetic flux desnity and magnetic field strength are the same thing no?

University open days

• University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
  • University of Sheffield
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.