Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    It seems straight forward but i really messed up big time. Didnt even finish the paper ffs. Why no insert such a waste of time drawing diagrams. Il take a good C tbh!

ReputationRep:
    Same. Kept messing up and didn't finish the paper - missed about 12 marks on the flows on the last page.

I think that's the worst exam I've ever sat.

ReputationRep:
    Nice to know its not just me. For hungarian i was always told to put across dummy +1 on highest value. But then said reduce rows, which meant the eould become 0 and then issues. Im hoping for best but i missed out networks- a four mark and a two marks so thats like 15 already. Then probably screwed up some diagram as well. Were talking the 20s plus! Hope everyone did wat we did! Lol

ReputationRep:
    Haha I was so annoyed when I came out of the exam and spoke to my friend who like "that was alright then". But I did speak to others about it who found it as bad as I .

I'll certainly be retaking it.

ReputationRep:
    Obviously i dont know ur mate, but i know far to many people saying that was easy and they get worse grades than someone who says it was terrible. I hope they lower the boundaries! Ive had 4 exams and only c4 has been normal, m2, m1 and this have been aweful!

ReputationRep:
    what did people get for dynamic programming question?? I think i got 7?? anyone else?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Will1692)
    It seems straight forward but i really messed up big time. Didnt even finish the paper ffs. Why no insert such a waste of time drawing diagrams. Il take a good C tbh!

i agree with you, that whole no insert thing is balls. why cant they at least give us a table so that its neater and easier to work.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah i got 7, not that it really matters as i missed like 15 marks by not even attempting them!How did you find it?

ReputationRep:
    That was SOOO hard! I've easily lost 9 marks from the last two parts of the final network flows question. Sucks much. I thought that dynamic programming one was too hard as well because that map wasn't really clear.

And where was the insert??? With the pre-drawn network flow? Stupid exam paper. Grr...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Will1692)
    Yeah i got 7, not that it really matters as i missed like 15 marks! How did you find it?
    i felt like i may have slipped up on about 15 marks max

did u get a minimum completion time of 10 and F would have float of something like 3??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by J.B.P)
    did u get a minimum completion time of 10 and F would have float of something like 3??
    I got 1 as the float You're probably right because my answer looked really wrong

ReputationRep:
    Remember getting 10. Dont know the other. Im going to start a facebook group for inserts in d2, would znyone join lol. Ocr have obviously got a new chief examiner who is pure evil. Considering i really hate decision- im not A standard at the best of times, then we dont have time to finish it!
    It really is beyond pathetic! No insert is just crazy, its not an art lesson ffs!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nikita_atikin)
    I got 1 as the float You're probably right because my answer looked really wrong
    nah dont worry, there were both answers for one part the answer was 1 and there was another part which asks if you were restricted to 6 workers how much would F float i.e. after you move H two hours forward then it would have been 3.

ReputationRep:
    This exam was relatively difficult, the past papers I tried were far easier and the absence of inserts made time an issue.

For the weight I initially got 7 but then I realised that there were supposed to be 3 arcs for each node from the first stage to the second, and after redoing the DP I got 8 as the answer.

I lost the last 9 marks of the paper, I didn't really know how to prove the stuff in a concise way, and with only a few minutes to spare I just thought to hell with it.

The June 2009 paper was apparently a LOT harder for everyone than any previous paper, and also contained no insert. The threshold for an A was something like 52 rather than 60/61 which it usually was, so I reckon the grade boundaries will be something similar.

Exams are over for now, that gives me something to be happy about.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dev1992)
    Was the problem a maximum or maximin problem?!
    the problem was a maximin - well according to my answer anyway lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dev1992)
    Was the problem a maximum or maximin problem?!
    I said maximin

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by coolstoryz)
    This exam was relatively difficult, the past papers I tried were far easier and the absence of inserts made time an issue.

For the weight I initially got 7 but then I realised that there were supposed to be 3 arcs for each node from the first stage to the second, and after redoing the DP I got 8 as the answer.

I lost the last 9 marks of the paper, I didn't really know how to prove the stuff in a concise way, and with only a few minutes to spare I just thought to hell with it.

The June 2009 paper was apparently a LOT harder for everyone than any previous paper, and also contained no insert. The threshold for an A was something like 52 rather than 60/61 which it usually was, so I reckon the grade boundaries will be something similar.

Exams are over for now, that gives me something to be happy about.
    what do you mean?

stage 1 there werent three arcs for each node!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by coolstoryz)
    Really? So you reckon the boundaries will be lesser? Hallelujah! I will be really quite mad if they don't give a low boundary because

1) No insert - BIG mistake!
    2) 6 options in the matching (okay, it was easy but whatever)
    3) Dynamic programming - where was the table they ask me to complete normally??? And the map was very confusing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by J.B.P)
    stage 1 there werent three arcs for each node
    I think I had 2

ReputationRep:
    what did people get for dynamic, was it 8 or 7.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: January 28, 2010

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 17 Oct '18
  • Staffordshire University
    Nursing and Midwifery Undergraduate
    Wed, 17 Oct '18
  • Teesside University
    Undergraduate open day Undergraduate
    Wed, 17 Oct '18
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.