Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I want to sleep all day watch

ReputationRep:
    I had this trouble for a long time. I think its all about getting yourself into an appropriate routine. Its probably a good idea to get a blood test to check for things like anemia etc just in case.

ReputationRep:
    I think the best thing is instead of an alarm have the radio come on or something, that way you dont turn it off, but you dont go back to sleep. Have it quite loud so you wont be able to sleep, you will stay in bed for a bit but then eventualy feel the need to get up, or at least sit up in bed.

ReputationRep:
    lol the wonders of sleep
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Go see your GP.

There are multiple things that could be causing it (one being laziness!).

ReputationRep:
    I have this. I'll quite happily just sleep all day, and if I ever do have to get up before 12 I'll find myself drifting off around 3/4 and then again after dinner. It's pretty stupid.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by munchkin88)
    Even if I go to bed at a reasonable hour, say 11pm, I can happily turn off my alarm the next morning and continue to sleep until 3pm. If I wanted to, I'm sure I could sleep the entire day. I do this every time I have a day with no lectures. Is something wrong with me or is this just laziness? And how do I get out of the cycle?
    you my san, are whats known as a lazy lump of shyte!

enjoy

ReputationRep:
    im exactly the same, i love sleeping

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kätzchen)
    I'm having this problem recently too. I'm sleeping 10-12 hours per night, and then requiring a nap during the day.

It's ridiculous, off to the doctors about it in a few days.
    I'm having this atm too I'm thinking it might be stress though, whenever I have exams and stuff I don't feel stressed but it comes out in other ways, the past three years I get a horrendous cough around May and it lasts for weeks, until the holidays ofc.

ReputationRep:
    Your Doctor will order about 6 blood tests. One for red blood cell count (anemia), one for white blood cell count (high levels indicate infection), thyroid function test, liver function test, urea (sign of kidney failure), blood glucose (if high indicates diabetes) and a couple of other teats.
    Assuming that your bloods are in order then it could be depression. Or it could even be M.E. I suggest you don't touch junk food, alcohol or tobacco. I suugest you drink plenty of water, fresh fruits and vegetables. Also get protein from milk, eggs, soya, lean meat and fish. Also exercise every other day. This does not mean spunking money in a gym. Get a mountain bike and ride it on green routes, bridleways and use it to get to college or work if possible. Also swimming once or twice a week is very good for you. Jogging is OK but it is boring and puts alot more strain on your knees and ankles than cycling. Brisk walking is better. Also it might be worth taking a multi vitamin and minerals tablet each day. The supermarket own brand is good enough.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Broderss)
    lol this doesn't work.

I've tried this but I always go back to bed without even thinking. It's like I walk to my alarm turn it off and go back to bed while I'm still asleep and I have no conscious control over it. It sucks but I'm still trying to find a good way to wake up in the morning. I'll report back once I've found a good way.
    Place drawing pins on the floor. that will wake you up

ReputationRep:
    I think when we're teenagers we all kind of go through this patch - I went through it for a looong time. I think the reason is usually not something medical, it really is just laziness.
    What happens is, when we have holidays or something, we'll take advantage of the free time and just sleep. Funnily, we think we'll be fresher when we slept more (because you 'getting rid' of more sleep, but in fact it actually does the opposite - you'll want to do the same thing the next day, and then it just carries on and on. If you just limited yourself a certain number of hours from the beginning and stuck to it, it'd be fine.

The reason you wanna keep sleeping is because you slept so much the day before. The best way to get out of it is to, one day, just get up early (having slept reasonable hours. about 8). When you wake up (and in fact during the whole day) you'll feel like sleeping - but don't. It's kinda like withdrawal symptoms. If you stick to it, you'll be fine within about a month.

In Urdu, there is a little expression "susti kaa ilaaj chusti" = (~the cure for laziness is becoming alert).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Foulish)
    Place drawing pins on the floor. that will wake you up
    Most effective answer yet.

ReputationRep:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 27, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.