The Student Room Group
Reply 1
:o:
korobeiniki
Hey, how'd it go for everybody? Ran out of time before I could write decent answers to the last couple of questions, anybody else find this problem?

I did run out of time on the last 2 parts of the last question. Other than that it was okay. what did you get for dynamic programming, i got 7. please reply i need some confirmation that sum1 else got the same as me!!!
Reply 2
J.B.P
:o:

I did run out of time on the last 2 parts of the last question. Other than that it was okay. what did you get for dynamic programming, i got 7. please reply i need some confirmation that sum1 else got the same as me!!!

I got 7 first time as well but found one of 8 by inspection so i had to go back, change my graph and start the whole tabulation again to prove it... Meh, that cost me a lot of time. I may now be wrong as well... It was an unusual context with that map. Yeah I ran out of time before the last 2 parts of the last question- i wrote some terrible justification of a flow of 10 being impossible, no max or min flow in the network, redrew it with the adjustment made to the vertex and didn't make the flow of nine : 2 marks tops out of 9... pfft.
Reply 3
I got 7 for the dynamic programming, think the answer was 8, but should get most of the marks from error carried forward, and a one or two for the network.

The only other question with a problem was the 2nd to last with the proof against a flow of 10. Not really sure what the proof was as the lowest cut I could find was 11. Did anybody solve that one?
Reply 4
I was onto something about the flow into C having to be 7 or less for any situation where the flow was 10, but the flow out of C had to be at least 8 so it was impossible. I'm sure it was right I just didn't have enough time so my "proof" was pretty lackluster
EDIT: After talking it appears only one of my FM class finished on time, and only just. Teacher's complaining to OCR.

Latest

Trending

Trending