Turn on thread page Beta

OCR D2 27/01/2010 Decision Mathematics 2 January 2010 watch

ReputationRep:
    Hey, how'd it go for everybody? Ran out of time before I could write decent answers to the last couple of questions, anybody else find this problem?

ReputationRep:
    :o:
    (Original post by korobeiniki)
    Hey, how'd it go for everybody? Ran out of time before I could write decent answers to the last couple of questions, anybody else find this problem?
    I did run out of time on the last 2 parts of the last question. Other than that it was okay. what did you get for dynamic programming, i got 7. please reply i need some confirmation that sum1 else got the same as me!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by J.B.P)
    :o:

I did run out of time on the last 2 parts of the last question. Other than that it was okay. what did you get for dynamic programming, i got 7. please reply i need some confirmation that sum1 else got the same as me!!!
    I got 7 first time as well but found one of 8 by inspection so i had to go back, change my graph and start the whole tabulation again to prove it... Meh, that cost me a lot of time. I may now be wrong as well... It was an unusual context with that map. Yeah I ran out of time before the last 2 parts of the last question- i wrote some terrible justification of a flow of 10 being impossible, no max or min flow in the network, redrew it with the adjustment made to the vertex and didn't make the flow of nine : 2 marks tops out of 9... pfft.

ReputationRep:
    I got 7 for the dynamic programming, think the answer was 8, but should get most of the marks from error carried forward, and a one or two for the network.

The only other question with a problem was the 2nd to last with the proof against a flow of 10. Not really sure what the proof was as the lowest cut I could find was 11. Did anybody solve that one?

ReputationRep:
    I was onto something about the flow into C having to be 7 or less for any situation where the flow was 10, but the flow out of C had to be at least 8 so it was impossible. I'm sure it was right I just didn't have enough time so my "proof" was pretty lackluster
    EDIT: After talking it appears only one of my FM class finished on time, and only just. Teacher's complaining to OCR.

University open days

1. University of Cambridge
    Christ's College Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Sep '18
  2. Norwich University of the Arts
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Sep '18
  3. Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.