Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    What is it about fashion you love?

How long have you loved it?

Do you plan on pursuing fashion, if not already, as a career?

Or if you just wanna rant and rave about fashion, be my guest!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by missmo)
    What is it about fashion you love?

How long have you loved it?

Do you plan on pursuing fashion, if not already, as a career?

Or if you just wanna rant and rave about fashion, be my guest!
    I've loved fashion for years now, but i wouldnt say its love.. its more like infatuation and lust, i just cant get enough of it! I love the whimsical, open-ended nature of it. Its also a very powerful medium for self-expression.

As you can see in my signature, I'm planning on studying law, but my dream is to specialize in commercial law so i can pursue a career in fashion - be a lawyer for a high-end designer firm. What about you?

Ohh, and just to put it out there net a porter has a clearance and i saw some shoes from 555 Euros to only 88 Euros! Its insane, go quick

ReputationRep:
    When I was younger I bought only Timberland clothes and shoes. Now I only wear their boots. The quality of their clothing has gone down the pan. I am happy enough to buy shirts, tees and polos in Marks & Spencer or John Lewis' own brand. Though the problem with M&S is that if I see something I like they usually have loads in S, M and XXL but nothing in L or XL.
    Other than the Tims I do love my North Face winter Jackets. They are light but so warm and waterproof. I haven't seen own brand stuff that matches them. But I do get baffled by People that buy Abercromie, Jack Wills, Versace, D&G etc with big logos everywhere and think that turning into a walking billboard is somehow cool, alternative and counter culture.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Temperley)
    As you can see in my signature, I'm planning on studying law, but my dream is to specialize in commercial law so i can pursue a career in fashion - be a lawyer for a high-end designer firm. What about you?
    I always thought about something like that too Or a career in the fashion world in general, not necessarily in the actual designing process. My friend is International Media Manager for Versace and absolutely loves her job.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LouCee)
    I always thought about something like that too Or a career in the fashion world in general, not necessarily in the actual designing process. My friend is International Media Manager for Versace and absolutely loves her job.
    What are you planning on studying? Do you think in that field there will be any opportunities for you to go into the fashion industrY?

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Will you be tempted to trade up and get out of your firm offer on results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.