Turn on thread page Beta

Only Girls, How to turn a girl down, well how would you prefer to be turned down. watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi, there is this girl who is interested in me but i am not interested in her however it doesn't mean i don't talk to her friendly but its difficult to maintain a friend relationship but with her constant questions about me and also her body language does give it off. Short and simple, it was awkward for me.

I asked her, how was her night, she said was fine, i know she is being nice but i know she wasn't extremely happy because she was expecting something different but i cannot for one give her what she wants and lead her on.

You know leading a girl feeling is wrong, right?

So girls, if you are really into a guy, how would you want to be turned down without being punched into the heart??

Thanks girls!

ReputationRep:
    Weirdly worded OP!

I'd just drop a few hints about how glad you are that you're friends, or how you aren't looking for a relationship at the moment. If she wants something more obvious, just say that you don't want to give her false hope and that unfortunately you don't feel that way towards her, but you're so glad you're close as friends and don't want to lose her.

Just be honest, but nice, friendly, and don't come across as arrogant, cocky or awkward if you can help it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by punkyrocker)
    Weirdly worded OP!

I'd just drop a few hints about how glad you are that you're friends, or how you aren't looking for a relationship at the moment. If she wants something more obvious, just say that you don't want to give her false hope and that unfortunately you don't feel that way towards her, but you're so glad you're close as friends and don't want to lose her.

Just be honest, but nice, friendly, and don't come across as arrogant, cocky or awkward if you can help it.
    Thanks, sometimes i think being honest without feeling like she had a chance is like heartbreaken but yes i don't want to give her hope purely on sympathy.

Sorry about the wording, glad you understood it and took the time to reply, rep well deserved. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    You could tell her you like someone else, perhaps hint it out before she says anything to you. White lies work! :yep:

ReputationRep:
    do an abe lincoln

ReputationRep:
    Tell her soon though, cause i went out with a guy 3 or 4 times before he told me he wasn't interested.. and that wasn't good!

ReputationRep:
    How would I want to be turned down?
    "I understand and appreciate you are the most beautiful and intelligent being in the whole universe, however, for personal reasons I cannot be your boyfriend. I hope you know I will forever hate myself for this."

(Original post by Shadowplay)
    How would I want to be turned down?
    "I understand and appreciate you are the most beautiful and intelligent being in the whole universe, however, for personal reasons I cannot be your boyfriend. I hope you know I will forever hate myself for this."
    Hahaha this. Most definitely.

ReputationRep:
    Tell her you're gay maybe you are you never know.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 27, 2010
Poll
Favourite type of bread

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.