Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Gym owner stole £300! What rights do I have? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Okay, I joined this gym (and got my mum to join) in Nov 2009 because it was local, and cheap (£150 per year). About 2 weeks later, the receptionist told me that the gym was to close for some time (4-6 weeks) for refurbishment, which was fine by me. However, the gym has still not opened, and the lady who owns the gym, has ran off! :mad: The landlords are not able to find her, and therefore cannot open the gym again until they find a new owner, which could be a looong time.

Is there anything I can do? Or do I not have any rights?

ReputationRep:
    You have "rights". But it is not worth the time or hassle to enforce them here. Move on, and be more sensible in future - don't pay a year in advance to an independent who can just disappear overnight.

ReputationRep:
    Don't ask TSR, speak to someone who has any idea- you might consider it to be worth your time and effort, I would)

ReputationRep:
    if you paid by credit card i'm sure you could ask your bank to get a chargeback or something..

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.