Turn on thread page Beta

Best City To Spend A Weekend In? watch

ReputationRep:
    Myself and a few friends (from Dublin) are having a lad's weekend in Britain but not sure what city would be best, taking into account nightlife, entertainment and general daytime activities.

*Didn't want to post this in Travel, I thought I'd get better responses from people who actual live in the places*

Any idea's?

Cheers. :eek3:

ReputationRep:
    I was going to say Dublin tbh...

Leeds is pretty good, cheap hotels near town, can easily get to York/Harrogate/Yorkshire countryside. Banging night life.

ReputationRep:
    I Would Say Manchester City Loooool

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mikeyd85)
    I was going to say Dublin tbh...

Leeds is pretty good, cheap hotels near town, can easily get to York/Harrogate/Yorkshire countryside. Banging night life.
    So is it England all the way? I was thinking somewhere in Scotland but I might give it a miss. I was put in charge of booking **** and I haven't got a clue.

ReputationRep:
    Obviously London would be good

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IRockUrSocks)
    So is it England all the way? I was thinking somewhere in Scotland but I might give it a miss. I was put in charge of booking **** and I haven't got a clue.
    Edinburgh is **** hot too. Had loads of fun there! :yep:

ReputationRep:
    LMAO mikeyD you little guitar picture cracks me up

ReputationRep:
    Blackpool, not a city i know, but excellent nightlife. And it's close to liverpool ferry port, and also fleetwood?

ReputationRep:
    It depends what you want and who u going with. I found Nottingham lovely, check out the park hotel from last minute.com 3 nights double room in a 3 star 91 pounds! Lol its lovely, historic, good nightlife, shopping and ppl, and im from Birmingham, BETTER than london as londons too big to enjoy, for me personally anyway, and too expensive!

ReputationRep:
    I love Glasgow for a night out but I'd reccomend a mid week bash, it gets a bit messy over the weekend.

Otherwise, Newcastle is great. Lots of fun, plenty of clubs, nice city, definite party people.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kay1eigh)
    It depends what you want and who u going with. I found Nottingham lovely, check out the park hotel from last minute.com 3 nights double room in a 3 star 91 pounds! Lol its lovely, historic, good nightlife, shopping and ppl, and im from Birmingham, BETTER than london as londons too big to enjoy, for me personally anyway, and too expensive!
    THIS THIS THIS THIS! a night out in nottingham is not to be missed

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jpye11)
    Obviously London would be good
    This. Definitely London. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Edinburgh or London

ReputationRep:
    Lahndahn.

ReputationRep:
    Slough.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shessolovely)
    This. Definitely London. :yep:
    london is very expensive though. appaz cardiff is just as good as london and heaps cheaper...if u want to go to wales, that is

ReputationRep:
    I'd say London .. or i've heard Brighton is good for nightlife.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.